Friday, 11 January 2013

HSMJ - Out and about

In my life this week…
I am really excited about joining the Good Morning Girls for this new study starting on Monday 14 January and running until the 8th of March.  This study is unique in that it is for Mom's and their children together.  It is called Living Like Jesus.
I also realized today that it's only three weeks and my sister from South Africa will be arriving !  Not long to go now :)
Earlier this week I made my very first soy candle and am now looking forward to making my own melts and soy candles.
In our homeschool this week…
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I am inspired by…

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
    • We went into town this week to see The Narnia Exhibition.  I was so disappointed as there was very little hands on and no photography permitted. 
    • Next we went to Flagstaff Gardens for a picnic lunch and some wonderful time playing.
    • On our way home we discovered St James Old Cathedral and had a wonderful time exploring Melbourne's oldest church building. It was completed in 1847!
    My favorite thing this week was…
    • Receiving my Trim Healthy Mama book from The Book Depository.
    • Learning to make soy candles with a friend at  Live In Spirit.  I felt so very blessed with this opportunity.
    What’s working/not working for us…
    • Not enough time on my PC to blog .... I committed to switching off my PC after checking emails and social media in the mornings and I'm finding that I just don't get to my blog to blog :(

    Questions/thoughts I have…
    • What is your favorite resource for teaching Latin to young students ?
    Things I’m working on…
    • Preparing to do history chronologically with Sir N
    On My Bedside Table ...
    •  Teaching the Trivium
    In Bloggy world I’m reading…
    I’m cooking…
    •  French Toast
    On Pinterest I found...

    I’m grateful for…
    •  For my mother who is so faithful and loves the Lord and prays for me and my family daily.

    A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

    "All schools both here and in America 
    should teach far fewer subjects far better." 
    C.S. Lewis
    Blessings


    This post is linking to:
    Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers - Weekly Wrap Up
    iHomeschool - Homeschool Mothers Journal
    Hammock Tracks - It's a Wrap
    Homegrown Learners - Collage Friday

    Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

    18 comments:

    1. Our youngest girl finally got to watch Voyage of the Dawn Treader and what a new favorite for her! The Narnia exhibit looks like a fun time.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Narnia exhibit was interesting but it was mainly a reading looking exhibition a little like a museum. I think it was disappointing because we were looking forward to photo's and more hands on after reading the website. It was beautiful to see some of the props up close and personal and to feel how heavy a chain mail coat was.

        We enjoyed the Dawn Treader dvd but had to skip the part at the island where Edmond's fear becomes real it was a little bit TMI for us. It is however one of our favorites :)

        Delete
    2. Love Lewis's quote you shared. Thanks for all the great links,too. Wow, the internet is full of information!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree. I really enjoy surfing it ;)

        Delete
    3. I love that you added a topic on Pinterest! There are never enough hours!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree with you about Pinterest. I'm especially enjoying some of the new pins appearing lately.

        Delete
    4. Replies
      1. I agree Becca :) I think I personally need to apply this in our homeschool more regularly :)

        Delete
    5. Looks like you've had quite the busy week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It was a fairly busy day and week but very pleasant

        Delete
    6. I too am looking at doing History chronologically......I am trawling through sites, reviews, literature based, timeline based...not an easy choice.....

      What ideas have you come up with? I have looked at The Mystery of History?

      Bless you, love reading your blog, it inspires me to blog better

      Cathy

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Cathy.

        I have decided to use a mixture of Sonlight and The Story of the World for the next four years.

        Then spend the next four /five years working our way through Mystery of History.

        I would be keen to see what you have found.

        Delete
    7. Love that last quote:)
      I've been wanting to show Bill Nye to the girls...thanks for the reminder!
      We loved The Borrowers book but have never seen the movie. I don't think we will after all (thanks for the heads up), but I do want to see Arietty now.
      :)
      Blessings!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You are welcome. I discovered some more Borrowers DVD's and am looking forward to them coming in the mail

        Delete
    8. Ah love Narnia!! I appreciate the links for Scripture songs.

      You know, unplugging to stay focused, modeling that to the kids, is wonderful. I have been trying to do that myself. I want them to be interested and focused on relationships and the real world.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. :) I agree but blogging is my time out time and I enjoy being here. Will just need to plan my days better.

        Delete
    9. thank you so much for posting this. there are so many great links here. I just loved the scripture songs for worship website. What a treasure!!!

      We also have been watching Bill Nye on youtube this month... the kids will watch 2 or 3 a day. Great learning!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree Tereza it is great learning :)

        Delete

    I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥

    Link Within

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...