Saturday, 2 March 2013

HSMJ The one where sir N features in the Zoo News

In my life this week…
It was my mother and sister-in-laws birthday so we enjoyed the fruit of my sister s labour: An Angry Bird Cake. I also found out about a christian parenting book launch who are looking for a team of people to help with their book launch. My sister has been a God send and has helped me get on top of the clutter in three of the rooms in my home.  I feel overwhelmed with this blessing.

In our home school this week…
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
click to read full screen
I am inspired by…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Granny and Aunty R's place to celebrate their birthdays
  • Kelly Sports
  • Mom's Group
My favorite thing this week was…
  • Receiving the latest Zoo News Magazine and finding that Sir N and Paul feature on page nine!

Zoo News © Zoos Victoria March 2013 Bandicoot release WORZ

What’s working/not working for us…
  • going to the library and discovering treasures.

Questions/thoughts I have…
  • What's your favourite book on homeschooling ?
Things I’m working on…
  • I'm working on the Delight Directed posts for the 5 day blog hop later this month.
  • Creating a website for the upcoming bi-annual conference Refresh Retreat {Australia} and you are all invited I would love to meet you.
  • Homeschool Record Keeping for the upcoming Homeschooling High School Carnival.
On My Bedside Table ...
  • I've been looking through four books by Ruth Beechick.
  • You can Teach your Child Successfully by Ruth Beechick.  What an excellent book so full of common sense and easy to read. I can't believe I have had this excellent resource on the shelf for over ten years and only now I'm reading it! As they say "Better late than never"
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
Angry Birds Cake Tutorial
On Pinterest I found...
  • Nothing of note this week I have not been there much :)  Will have to remedy that next week . . .
I’m grateful for…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Nowhere is balance more critical to success than in teaching at home. Without balance, moms burn out and children lose their love for learning. - Jessica Hulcy **

Blessings



Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

** Excerpt from the book Things We Wish We'd Known. page 11

3 comments:

  1. Chareen, I SO enjoy your posts! What wonderful resources for me to check out! :-) I also love the photo in the zoo brochure! That's great! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend. Many blessings, Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about You Can Teach Your Child Successfully: Grades 4-8. I put it on hold at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This post is full of so many wonderful links and articles. I will have to come back and read through a few later. Right now . . . I should be in bed. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...