The Christian Parenting Handbook resource from National Center for Biblical Parenting.
Today I would like to share with you about The Family Toolbox. I have really enjoyed using this amazing new resource. It is so easy to use and takes very little time from my day to be encouraged and equiped as a parent with excellent principles for the every day conflicts in my home.
What we received
- Download version The Family Toolbox
- Lesson 1 - It starts with the Heart
- Lesson 2 - Following Instructions Well
- Lesson 3 - Handling Pressure without losing your cool
- Lesson 4 - Value of Correction
- Lesson 5 - The importance of Responsibility
- Lesson 6 - Accepting No as an answer
- Lesson 7 - Dealing with your own Anger
- Lesson 8 - Consider the Needs of Others
- Family Toolbox Manual (41 pages)
Life Principles learned
- Be Respectful Even When It's Hard.
- Develop Internal Motivation
- Develop Healthy Habits for Following Instructions
- Look for Ways to Contribute to Family Life.
- Solve Problems Instead of Generating Conflict.
- Instead of Sarcasm Develop the Skills of a Peacemaker
- Learn to Value Correction.
- Apologize Well.
- Develop a Plan for Being Responsible.
- Take Responsibility for Your Mistakes.
- Train Yourself to Accept No as an Answer.
- Avoid Arguing.
- View Your Family as a Team and Look for Ways to Work Together.
- Learn Self-Control to Manage Anger.
- Practice Flexibility When Plans Change.
- Learn to Handle Unfairness Well.
How we used it
The Family Toolbox is a DVD/video-driven program that brings parents and teens together for constructive dialogue around significant issues of discipleship. Conversation is sparked by engaging video clips. Sixteen Life Success Principles are communicated through eight lessons that give parents and teens biblically-based, practical topics for discussion. The format grabs teens and gets them interacting.
Part Two: As a family watch the dramatic sketch, this is a 1-2 minute video dramatizing a common challenge experienced by many families around the world.
Part Three: Here you use the support material to facilitate discussion with your tween / teen. This is found in the Family Toolbox Manual (41 pages). Each session is four pages.
- Page one is a parent page.
- Page 2 - 4. There are discussion questions, bibilical references, life principles and conclussion.
Cost of the Family Toolbox
- Download version $79.95
- Shipped Product (book & Dvds) $99.95 plus shipping
- Church program Download $159.95
- Church program printed / dvd version $179.95 plus shipping
Recommended Age Range
The Family Toolbox is designed for families with children ten years old and up and is an excellent resource for small groups.
Connect with The Family Toolbox
It's so good to have these mentors right there in my home to support me in my parenting and point me back to the plumb line of scripture and equip me with practical solutions to issues of the heart. Thank you so much to National Center for Biblical Parenting for the gift of The Family Toolbox, it's 30 minutes that's transforming our family and would recommend it to all families out there with tweens and teens.
Also, please join us for The Family Toolbox Facebook Party on Thursday, October 16, 8-10PM ET where there will be even more great prizes, an opportunity to ask your parenting questions, and lots of fun and fellowship! The winner of this giveaway will be announced at the Facebook party!
RSVP for the Party here: Family Toolbox Facebook Party