Friday 17 June 2011

Encouragement Friday (Vol 1.1)

 

It's a very ancient saying,
But a true and honest thought,
That if you become a teacher,
By your pupils you'll be taught.
~ The King and I
Oscar Hammerstein II (1895-1960)


Getting to Know You

It's a very ancient saying,
But a true and honest thought,
That if you become a teacher,
By your pupils you'll be taught.

As a teacher I've been learning --
You'll forgive me if I boast --
And I've now become an expert,
On the subject I like most.

  Getting to know you.

  Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you,
Putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.

To read the rest of the lyrics you can go to: Getting to know you from The King and I

I've had the DVD the King and I for a while now and we finally watched it the other day.  This song really spoke to me about the heart of home education. When I first started home schooling I thought I would be doing all the teaching but looking back I think I am the one who was taught !







ENCOUR'AGEMENT, n. The act of giving courage, or confidence of success; incitement to action or to practice; incentive. We ought never to neglect the encouragement of youth in generous deeds. The praise of good men serves as an encouragement of virtue and heroism.


2 comments:

  1. So true, Chareen! This is what makes homeschooling so exciting, don't you think? My kids have taught me so much - even how to swim and play the piano! And the life lessons -that would take a whole book to write about:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Vicky :)

    Life lessons from homeschool journeys

    Think we could make it a compliation :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥