I found a very easy add in for blogger on Blogger Sentral. Here is a photo tutorial of the process described on Bogger Sentral to convert your label list to a drop down list.
- Open your blog dash board
- Make sure you have the Label widget installed on your blog before you begin. (Do this through Layout / Add a widget. )
- Click on Template
- Click on Edit HTML (You are doing this to back up your blog template in case something goes wrong.)
- Click Proceed.
- Tick the Expand Widget Templates box
- Click anywhere in the code and press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to highlight all (or use your mouse)
- Press Ctrl+c on your keyboard to copy all the code.
- Open Notepad and paste. Now save and keep code.
Now you are ready to begin.
- Open a new tab on your internet browser
- Go to Blogger Sentral : Create Drop Down Menu's for Labels
- Click on the get code button < >
- Highlight and copy the code.
- Return back to your blog HTML page.
- NB - Uncheck the Expand Widget Templates box
- Scroll to the bottom of the Edit HTML box
- Look for the following code line
- Replace that line of code with the code you have copied from Blogger Sentral by highlighting the line and clicking Ctrl + V on your keyboard OR Right click paste after high lighting.
- Click Preview before saving to check that the code is working.
- Click Save.
- Well done. You have now accomplished the following change and added more space in your right hand column.
Happy Blogging and enjoy your new space!