Saturday 10 March 2012

HSMJ 17 - Three field trips in ONE week ...


The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.

In my life this week…
 
In our home school this week…
  • It has been a busy week with three field trips.
  • On Monday Paul joined us and we spent the day at Science Works exploring the Dinosaur exhibit, Our Water, Westgate Bridge, Sportsworks.  A long but enjoyable day. We also learned something interesting about Hickory Dickory Dock !
  • On Tuesday we started our journey to Egypt and Paul helped us construct a paper model of one of the pyramids. 
  • On Wednesday my Mom joined us and we went with a friends son to Geelong to the FORD Museum.
  • Thursday saw us continue our Expedition Earth Egypt Travels. Two of the cousins came for a visit.
  • Friday we continued our Egyptian studies and spent the afternoon at Werribee Open Range Zoo with the T Family.
  • Today we baked Egyptian biscuits and did a Mummification Experiment. We finished off our trip to Egypt with a cup of tea and biscuits.
 Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I am inspired by…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

My favorite thing this week was…
  • Having the Australia Post van arrive at my house with my new book: Educating the WholeHearted Child. I have been wanting to purchase the updated version of this book since it's release in July last year.  I am so pleased I have.  I loan my original copy out quite often which means I am without the book for a lot of the time.  So now I have a copy for ME !
What’s working/not working for us…
  • Exploring the world around us and doing hands on activities.
2012 in 2012
  • Read about this idea over at Behind the Scenes and was really intrigued.  I think I will give it a go.  Won't make 2012 I don't think but it will definitely help me de-clutter.
Opening
Balance
What  This Week Balance
2 Thrown Away 1 3
0 Sold 0 0
0 Donated 170
170
3 Returned to their owner 13 16


Running Total out of the goal 2012

189

Questions/thoughts I have…
  • Have any of you heard about Reboot Your Life ? Have you done it ? If not do you do juicing ?
Things I’m working on…
  • Preparing for next weeks EE travel to Nigeria.
I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
I’m grateful for…

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
  •  Jim Trelease, author of The Read-Aloud Handbook, writes,
    “If the child has never heard the word, the child will never say the word; and if you have neither heard it nor said it, it’s pretty tough to read it and to write it.”
Blessings







This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and The Homeschool Chick pop on over to read what other homeschool Moms are doing.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting week! Field trips are fun for children and parents alike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your HMJ entries! Also so full of great things! Thanks for all the links (loved the 'don't read this blog' one- got me)!
    Have a great weekend and week upcoming!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥