The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our home school this week…
- It has been a busy week with three field trips.
- On Monday Paul joined us and we spent the day at Science Works exploring the Dinosaur exhibit, Our Water, Westgate Bridge, Sportsworks. A long but enjoyable day. We also learned something interesting about Hickory Dickory Dock !
- On Tuesday we started our journey to Egypt and Paul helped us construct a paper model of one of the pyramids.
- On Wednesday my Mom joined us and we went with a friends son to Geelong to the FORD Museum.
- Thursday saw us continue our Expedition Earth Egypt Travels. Two of the cousins came for a visit.
- Friday we continued our Egyptian studies and spent the afternoon at Werribee Open Range Zoo with the T Family.
- Today we baked Egyptian biscuits and did a Mummification Experiment. We finished off our trip to Egypt with a cup of tea and biscuits.
- Are you looking for a way to protect your book covers ? Check out Covering books with Dust Jackets over at Serenades and Solace.
- Are you wanting a visual reminder of a healthy activity guide ? Check out Children's Activity Pyramid over at Class Brain.
- 6 Ways to keep Home School Sanity over at Growing Home.
- Overcoming the “Perfect Family” Syndrome by Jill Novak over at Raising Home Makers.
- Are you a Wild Woman or a Wise Woman? over at Visionary Womanhood.
- Cousins came to play on Thursday
- Science Works on Monday
- FORD Museum on Wednesday
- Werribee Open Range Zoo on Friday
- Counting down the months, weeks and days
My favorite thing this week was…
- Having the Australia Post van arrive at my house with my new book: Educating the WholeHearted Child. I have been wanting to purchase the updated version of this book since it's release in July last year. I am so pleased I have. I loan my original copy out quite often which means I am without the book for a lot of the time. So now I have a copy for ME !
- Exploring the world around us and doing hands on activities.
- Read about this idea over at Behind the Scenes and was really intrigued. I think I will give it a go. Won't make 2012 I don't think but it will definitely help me de-clutter.
|3||Returned to their owner||13||16|
Running Total out of the goal 2012
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Have any of you heard about Reboot Your Life ? Have you done it ? If not do you do juicing ?
- Preparing for next weeks EE travel to Nigeria.
- In my bible how the Lord prepared Israel before they crossed the Jordan and was encouraged by the wisdom of Moses. I was encouraged as I read that He is my refuge and strength and He encourages me not to forget the things He has done for me and that I am to teach those things to my children.
- Why you shouldn't read this blog over at In The Nursery of the Nation.
- Tattered with Purpose written by Kassie as a guest post over at These Broken Vases.
- Living Ideas in Living Books: Choosing Worthy Books for Home and School Libraries by Jeannette Tulis over at Child Light USA.
- Is religion bad for kids ? over at Reasons for God.
- Why I'm not cut out to be a Home School Mom over at Growing Home.
- The Deception of Marketing and Media over at Raising Home Makers.
- Restless? Go Climb a Tree Medicating Children for Being Children over at Life Learning Magazine
- To Keep…or Not to Keep…the Home over at Visionary Womanhood
I’m grateful for…
- The excitement of six year olds.
- For the article The 'Why' behind our Homeschool by Kasey from These Five are Mine plus Two.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
- Jim Trelease, author of The Read-Aloud Handbook,
“If the child has never heard the word, the child will never say the word; and if you have neither heard it nor said it, it’s pretty tough to read it and to write it.”
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and The Homeschool Chick pop on over to read what other homeschool Moms are doing.