Tuesday 15 May 2012

Quotes of interrest ...

Hello My Bloggy Friends

I have been wondering what you have all been up to and what you have been talking about on your blogs as I have had no Internet access.  The lack on Internet has certainly made me appreciate what I do have and so often take for granted. Today the internet has allowed me to access my home page here in blogger world !!  

Hope you are all well and feeling encouraged.  I will be traveling to Johannesburg this Friday but will be needing a lift back to Hoedspruit.  Please be in prayer for me.

I have had a great past two days just sitting and reading, this is something I have not been able to do for a long time.  My aim is to catch up on my 52 in 52 challenge for this year.  I have managed to read four books in two days

  1. Empress Orchid - Anchee Min
  2. Scars and Stilettos - Harmony Dust (www.iamatreasure.com)
  3. A Stolen Life - Jaycee Dugard
  4. Monkey Business (The Murder of Anni Dewani) - Mike Nicol (facebook update following book)

Blessings
Chareen

Some Quotes to think about

"When you give someone a book, 
you don't give him just paper, ink, and glue. 
You give him the possibility of a whole new life." 
-- Christopher Morley, 1890-1957,
Novelist, Journalist and Poet

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the
lie--deliberate, contrived, and dishonest--but the
myth: persistent, persuasive and realistic."

-- John F. Kennedy

It is absurd and anti-life to be a part of a system 
that compels you to listen to a stranger reading poetry 
when you want to learn to construct buildings, o
r to sit with a stranger discussing the construction of buildings 
when you want to read poetry. 
~John Taylor Gatto

How can it be a large career to 
tell other people's children about arithmetic 
and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe? 
How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone 
and narrow to be everything to someone? 
No, a woman's function is laborious because it is gigantic, 
not because it is minute.
~ G. K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥