It's been a week of nursing a sick husband and son who had the flu. Starting back with official school and planning our year ahead. We currently work on a five week cycle. Four weeks of school then one week off to rest which works well. Although at the moment we will be starting with a six week cycle so we can fit in a complete school year and finish two weeks before Christmas.
In our home school this week…
- Week 15 Sonlight Core
- Worked on preparing our South Africa section of Expedition Earth papers.
- Sir N started reading Book 1 in the I Can Read It!
- We are currently reading: Dr Doolittle
- Have you seen the Tech Coach ? Check out this blog it's full of FREE on line games and virtual tours from Typing Tutors, Maths Games, Rocks & Minerals, History etc. If you can think of a category you can find a post covering what's on the web for your child. EXCELLENT Resource.
- Are you are looking for a great way to teach Biblical World View to your 6-14 year old? Apologia has a new product range on the market called What We Believe consisting of Journals, Colouring Books, CD's and Main Text for you to look at. Lori over at Special Connection Home School has written an excellent introduction of Who am I ? which is the second book in the series.
- Homeschooling Without Judgment of Those Who Don’t by Belinda on Heart of the Matter. I give this article a definitive 10 out of 5!
- Ten ways to de-clutter your life over at Natural News.com
- This week we visited my sister and sister in law.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Seeing Sir N rediscover his delight in cuddling with Daddy and reading a great book.
What’s working/not working for us…
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Why is it that all the big home school companies don't bless anyone outside their own country with giveaways ?? Even though they have a large customer base off shore ? This is one of my pet frustrations at the moment. Sigh ...
- Do you know of any Australian Home school Companies willing to supply giveaways for Aussie bloggers ?
- Do you know of any Australian Bloggers hosting give aways ? It's my blog's 1st Birthday and I want to celebrate with some digital giveaways and have no idea how to access some product. Any volunteers out there ?
- Deborah over at The Paper Maid answered this question for me even before my post went up today. Tammy over at 1...2...3... Teach with Me is hosting a 200 Follower Giveaway. For a chance to win one of the prizes there are six possible blogs to follow or TpT stores to follow totaling a possible 12 entries. Winners will be announced on 20 June 2012.
- My Top Ten Favourite Read Alouds post.
- 52 in 52 book reviews Five Chimneys and A Stolen Life
- Mount Washmore ... need I explain ??
- Completing my first ever sponsored product review. So much fun. This post will go live on Monday 18 June.
- Using Pinterest in Homes Schooling Part 1 over at The Chaos and The Clutter.
- Parental Rights over at Mom's Mustard Seeds.
- Five Ways to Avoid Home School Mom Body over at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- Say Bye-bye to Blogger Body, and Hello to Better Health over at Pro Blogger
- Don't let Facebook come between us over at The Nourishing Home. This is a great post explaining how to set up your Facebook so that you don't miss out on any of the great posts from the pages you have liked.
- What Do You Do If You Discover Your Daughter is Having Sex? over at To Love Honour and Vacuum.
- Journaling the Journey over at The Heart of Simplicity.
- Nothing new this week.
- Ami Brainerd from (Home School Share). I spent far to long poking around her boards. She has some excellent home school boards to look through. The thing I have enjoyed about Ami's boards is that she has very specifically themed boards such as: Summer Suppers, From Scratch, Deep Blue Sea School, Lego School, FIAR Co-op Ideas to name a few.
- Jolanthe from Homeschool Creations.
- Deborah Perrot from The Papermaid.
I’m grateful for…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
|Source: Facebook Healing with Art.|
The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for home school mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week.