In my life this week…
- We arrived home last Friday after a fantastic holiday in South Africa ! I have been thinking about the best way to showcase some of the incredible things we did while we were away.
- I have been thinking about my weight and health and what I am going to do about it.
In our homeschool this week…
- I have spent this week in planning mode to start back into to school next week.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Chariot Press have announced this week that they have all their stock listed on their website. They are currently running a stock take Sale. There is no extra postage on Sale items.
- Cool Country Report: Fill-in Poster. Introduce a different culture and help strengthen your child's writing skills, all at the same time! This is another example of the AMAZING free resources at the Scholastic site.
- Gosh I missed out on the 10 Days of ... Series hosted over at iHomeschool Network. I have some catching up to do. Have you had a look at these posts ?
- Looking for some interesting Top Ten posts to read over the next 8 weeks then head on over to Many Little Blessings and have a read. This weeks post was 10 reasons my kids like being homeschooled and next weeks topic is: Top 10 Favourite Read Alouds. For more topics visit iHomeschool Network 10 in 10 and link up at Many Little Blessings.
I am inspired by…
- Our Nature Journals over at Blue Yonder Ranch. I love this post. I am still aspiring to Nature Journal but looking for a way that will work for our family. Here is a snippet to whet your appetite "I keep a little notebook so that I can make notes about what we found
and where, but we don’t take our journals with us. Someday I’d like for
them to take field notes, but at the moment, it works better for us to
spend our time outdoors just exploring and then to come home for the
The things that we bring home go into a big basket until we have a chance to study them further. We won’t necessarily research everything that comes home with us, but some things will catch our fancy and we’ll want to dig a little deeper..." Pop on over and have a read of Stefani's thoughts on the topic. Even though this post is two years old it is very relevant and encouraging today.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- We caught up with family and friends on Sunday for Sir N's seventh birthday. His big brother Mr T arranged a surprise birthday bash for him.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Realising that we have taken 10 400 photographs on our seven week holiday.
working/not working for us…
- Being sick with the flu after a lovely holiday and arriving home to some particularly cold raining weather !
Questions/thoughts I have…
- What are your favourite Home School Blog Hops / Memes ?
Things I’m working on…
- Planing the next two weeks of school for Sir N.
- A blog post featuring my Top Ten Homeschool Websites.
- Blog posts showing you a few other things we did in South Africa
- Library visit to collect books
- My very first product review.... coming this monday.
- A 5 day blog hop hosted at Sidetracked Sarah. There are 21 bloggers with 105 different blog posts on the subject!
- Battle of the Home Made Glass Cleaner over at Crunchy Betty.
- She only does him good over at Always Learning which was written in response to A Simple Happy Marriage. I found these post really challenging as I have been feeling rather self focused and angry. It has had me re-evaluating some things in my attitude.
- Reboot Your Life and wondering if any of you have heard of this or tried it out ?
- From finding hope to giving hope - White Butterfly Reflection Service 2012 over at Princess Warrior Lessons.
- White Butterfly Project Stories. I must confess these three short letters have deeply touched me. Just this week I looked at the memory box of my child who was lost to us through early miscarriage.
- Mom's Tool Belt Free Charts & Printables.
- Nothing too interesting this week. I think that I will dig out my recipes from Carmel Wilkinson when I attended her Results Weight Loss clinic a year ago.
I’m grateful for…
- The Bad News About Home Schooling over at Encouraging Beautiful Motherhood. Rather thought provoking nail on the head kind of writing. I needed this. I have been feeling rather inadequate and wondering if I should be doing this homeschooling thing. Just the article I needed to read!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
“Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child's natural bent.” ― Plato
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week.
The link party has moved and is now hosted over at iHomeschool Network and is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Mothers Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.