I've been learning heaps about Google+ and even been drowning in email notifications ... That took a little detective work but I learned how to deactivate those!
This year the crew will be combining their collective homeschool knowledge on some great Pinterest boards and I'm looking forward to seeing some excellent encouragement and support this year specifically for Homeschool Mom's.
Sir N and I enjoyed a special date in Melbourne
In our home school this week…
- We jumped back into math triple digit addition and multiplication this week.
- Plenty of Jotham's Journey reading and family traditional wafer eating all around.
- We made a nativity from a pack and created a hand print wreath
- 5 Christmas Picture Books That Will Point Your Kids to Jesus over at The Busy Mom.
- Here is an online game for teaching sentence structure in Primary School Sentence Play
- Loving this new blog called Children's Books Daily
- The Schoolhouse Review Crew are on Google+
- Our Top 6 Favorite Chapter Read-Alouds have you read any of these ?
- 10 Coloring Pages Of Thanks over at Angels of Heart
- Spotlight on Five! Using Apps in the Homeschool
- Learning About Christmas Around the World 6 Day Mini Study
- This week Sir N and I have felt well enough and strong enough to resume our Tennis and Kelly Sports activities.
- We attended a play group
- Had fellowship with a family from church
- Oh and the best of all is I took him on a surprise trip into the city of Melbourne by train one night to see the laser show and Myer Christmas windows. It was fantastic. We got home at midnight and were both very tired the next day!
- A 21st birthday celebration
- I really enjoyed looking at these photographs These 20 Photos Are Going To Make You Cry. But You’ll See Why It’s Totally Worth It.
- I was remided of just how radically blessed I am when I took a look at this photo essay Chinese Families with All Their Stuff In A Single Photo By Huang Qingjun (12 pics)
- Thinking about the rhythm of this blog and wondering what sorts of things you would like to see here next year ...
- This week it's a busy one :) The Schoolhouse Review Crew BLOG had a total make over and the new crew year has begun. I've met some lovely ladies who are joining me on the crew from Australia and New Zealand. Please pop over to their blogs and say hello
A Moment In Our World
Be Thou Exalted
Homemaking with Heart
- It's also Christmas activity time and I share about Upcycled Nativity in the Virtual Fridge. There are some great craft / art ideas this week in the linky so far.
- I also shared Our Top 6 Favorite Chapter Read-Alouds I'm always on the look out for great books and would love to hear about yours
- A Unit Study on France ...
- I love advent :) one of my favourite times of the year Advent is Here! Beginning My Walk with the 40 Days of Seeking Him and Sharing about Keeping Christ in Christmas
- It's sad how this is happening and makes me appreciate being born into a family living in a country where girls are wanted The reason 200 million girls have 'vanished'
- This is so true Marriage and other taboos (a frantically written plea) even in the church there is the hidden that holds people in bondage
- This is so frustrating to read Homeschool Organization Joins Fight After Court Orders Children to Attend School for ‘Socialization’
- Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid This was an encouraging read some great advice.
- Man this saddens me ... Not aborting a person with a disability is now a personal injury in NZ
- South African icon Nelson Mandela, a 'giant for justice', dies aged 95 “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." ~Nelson Mandela
- 10 Reasons To Put Down Your Morning Latte... And Pick Up A Delicious Alternative!
- Man survives 60 hours at bottom of Atlantic Isn't God good ?
- Oh Wow Oh Wow What Happens When A Mugger Randomly Sees His Victim On Facebook? Not What You’d Expect.
- Do you have a DSLR you want to learn to use ? Have you seen this ? “Oh, Snap! Learning My DSLR Camera!” ~ A 30 Day Series
- When I read stories like this I get so frustrated with the "SYSTEM" Albanian mom with three American kids makes desperate bid to stay in the U.S. after she's given 24 HOURS to leave the country
- Fascinating Babies Remember: The Birth Story
- A 300 Year Old Poem for Bloggers
- Nothing new this week.
- The Secret To Perfect Cauliflower Pizza Crust
I’m grateful for…
Angels We Have Heard on High by The Piano Guys
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor