Saturday 21 December 2013

HSMJ It's A Wrap for 2013

In my life this week…
Feeling very blessed this week.  Paul has been creating a Jesse Tree for me.  I saw this amazing tree on Pinterest and he has graciously been spending time cutting wood, drilling holes and creating me a master piece.  All I need to do is paint it and he shall put it together.

This will be my final HSMJ for 2013.  I shall be spending next week focusing on being with Sir N and enjoying family.  I will be taking a two week vacation from my regular schedule.   The HSMJ will resume in the second week of January 2014.

In our home school this week…
  • Sir N and I have been planting vegetables.  So far we have tomato plants, parsley, yellow capsicum and egg plant plants. So I'm on the hunt for good vegetable gardening advice.  I've been looking at POD easy edible gardening
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • A friend and I surprised our children with a trip into Melbourne to enjoy the Christmas displays.
  • We attended a card making class on Tuesday.
  • Thursday was the last tennis session for the year and it happened that Melbourne had a 40'C day!  Needless to say tennis was moved to 8:30 am.
  • Friday evening was an evening of singing carols and enjoying supper together with friends.
  •  
My favourite thing this week was…
  • Was taking this photograph
What’s not working for us…
  • The royal icing I made this evening to ice a gingerbread house I am making as a gift ...
Things I’m working on…
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
On Pinterest I found...
I’m grateful for…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
For a few years now the children of St Paul's Church in Auckland New Zealand have given us a new perspective on the nativity story.  This year they look at what it would have been like had Jesus been born this year.  Star News Bethlehem was directed by 11 year old Oscar.


Blessings

Chareen

Homegrown Learners

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for joining in The Homeschool Mother's Journal! It sounds like you had a fantastic week! I pray that 2014 will be full of God's blessings for you and your family! ~Carlie K.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥