In my life this week…
- I am tired this week and am really looking forward to us going away in a months time for a whole week of rest.
- I really enjoyed reading this letter What I wish I knew before getting married it's so true. I really wish I had had this list when we got married 20+ years ago. It's worth reading no matter how long you have been married.
- Did you know: The Earliest confirmed 3D film shown to an out-of-house audience was The Power of Love which premiered at the Ambassador Hotel Theater in Los Angeles on 27 September 1922. That was 93 years ago!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- UNPOPULAR OPINION: I Was Homeschooled Through High School In A Large Family And It Didn’t Even Ruin My Life
- How I Finally Got Organized so I Could Enjoy my Family
- Rediscovering the Joy in Motherhood..
- Laundry a real blessing
- The Carnival of Homeschooling is up for the month of May. There are over 70 links to homeschool goodness for you to choose from.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- Monday We took a drive down to Queenscliff to attend a Marine and Fresh Water excursion. We spent a couple of hours on the sea shore. Shared a picnic lunch with home school friends then proceeded to the Marine Discovery Center. It was an interesting day :)
- Tuesday began a new adventure for us. Nathaniel now has two plates he has to wear in his mouth. We are trying a conservative approach to some orthodontic work that he needs. Please pray that this will be successful and he will not need any further treatment. From here we proceeded to the Melbourne Museum where we spent a good four hours exploring the Discovery Center and the Indigenous People exhibition. In the evening it was bring a friend night at Boys Brigade. The boys spent the evening working on their marching skills, bible study and making a go-kart.
- Wednesday Today I drove to Drysdale which is over an hour away to take a young teenage friend to work. Nathaniel stayed with a friend and together they designed and produced their own personal version of Monopoly. After school at home we spent an hour of fellowship with two other home educating families.
- Thursday We drove to Geelong to attend a small workshop on Bees by after which we enjoyed a few hours of free play at a local park.
- Friday Grateful to have a day at home.
My favourite thing this week was…
- This gentle reminder How not to be disappointed this Mother’s Day
- This was one of my all time favourite reads: When A Student’s Baby Started Crying In Class, This Professor Had The Best Response Ever
Things I’m working on…
- It's been one of those weeks where I feel like I'm constantly behind myself. I'm looking forward to the new week ahead.
- Abortion Doctor Who Did 1,200 Abortions Tells Congress to Ban Them well said. A word of caution though before you read this article that it does go into the detail of the abortion procedure.
- Quarterback Fulfills 4th Grade Promise, Asks Childhood Friend With Down Syndrome To Prom
- It’s Not Just About the Legos
- One Of The Most Important Scientists In The World: “Most Cancer Research Is Largely A Fraud”
- Postnatal Depletion - Even Ten Years Later
- Love the ideas to be found here 11 Incredible Kids Playhouses Under The Stairs makes me wish I had stairs in my home.
- IF you own and use an iPhone be sure to look at this video of the auto tracking and logging of your every move and how to switch it off.
- Nothing new this week. I'm keen to try this Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart Recipe
- Although I did purchase some new flavouring extract this week from iHerb that I'm really looking forward to using. I purchased Strawberry, Peppermint and Butterscotch.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Family in Cambodia reunites after 40 years have your tissues handy.
Connect with me
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor
A Week In Review Link UP
Join Lisa and I each week and share your week in review. We look forward to reading about your
Week in Review
And anything homeschool related.
Here is a button for your post.