The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- We were still on break ... back to school on Monday 9th of January.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- The Word of God. I have been amazed by the things I have learned this week as I have started my journey of reading the bible from Cover to Cover chronologically. I have been so blessed by my Mothers insights.
- Charlotte Mason.
- Our friends the L Family who have six children who blessed us with dinner and fellowship.
- To pick up the new car port we purchased.
- Bunnings to purchase the extra bits we needed to erect the car port.
- My parents for lunch.
- On Monday it was 40'C (104 F) and our air conditioner has died. I really struggle with such high temperatures. God was good and He helped my brother in law to source one for an excellent price including installation.
- My brother in law and his children came over for dinner with us while my sister was at work.
- My sister came up with a novel idea for family gatherings. She called it Cousin Day. She chose a few locations and dates for us to get together. Sent out invitations. We have to discover the location using our map books. She has left us the clue in the invite. She used the page number and grid location. It's so much fun and I am so looking forward to our time out today ...
My favorite thing this week was…
- Watching Sir N learn to use a hammer and nail. He was so brave when he missed the nail and hit his thumb instead.
- We have a new basket to store the library books in. Sir N is being a trooper and keeping the books together in it.
- The design of my blog. The paper does not match my title. I am searching for a new back ground theme. I found one that I have tried on my practice blog. What are your thoughts ? Do you know where I can find some new paper for my blog ? I also want a narrower header as I feel this one is far to wide and takes up much to much space at the top of my blog. Sigh, my scrapbook software wont work with Windows 7 grrrr. Do you know of any FREE software I could try to make a background and header with ? I really like the book and pen on Coffee Desk and my heart is totally in love with White Fence Rose on Shabby Lane but it is too small for my space here.
- I have been pondering the question of: Who are the sons of God that the old testament talks about in Genesis and Job ? Whenever I have thought about God I think about a Son (Jesus) now I read plural sons.
- Finding a way to organise my day / week to accomplish my goals for 2012. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
- Reba Bowman just posted a great read link about Keeping Your Resolutions on Facebook (Dare for More Ministries). Excellent short blog post with a multitude of links worth reading.
- Daily bible readings and my new blog over at One Year Through the Word. I am really enjoying my mothers insights. (She is blogging with me :-D ) Our aim is to read the entire bible chronologically in one year together. I would love your insights and inspirations.
- The Ten Second Rule as part of my 52 books in 52 weeks challenge.I feel as though I am reading about myself. You know all those secret things we struggle with as Christians but never ever speak about in case others think badly about us.
- About health and well being (excellent cooking) great health and fitness tips over at The Wellness Mama.
- The effects of wheat on our bodies over at Wheat Belly.
- Heather over at Raising Mighty Arrows this month is running a series on all things blogging.
- Live Life with your Kids has a great list of online reading: On Line Reading List for the week with titles like: Three areas of mental clutter that sabotage Homeschooling, Put the phone down and be a Mother, Four minimum requirements for vibrant Living and Humble Hospitality.
- The same old recipe's I really need to find something new to cook that is cheap quick and easy. Any recommendations ?
- Friends who so generously share of themselves on the internet. I would like to recommend that you pop on over to Walking by the Way and see the wonderful list of FREE Kindle classics for Children list. There are some wonderful treasures on this list.
- Ten Ways to Love. I am pleased I found this list.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
- We should always have something worthwhile to think about, that we may not let our minds dwell upon unworthy matters (p21- Ourselves) - Charlotte Mason
Don't forget to visit other Homeschool Mothers who are Journaling this week.
This post is linking to: The Homeschool Mothers Journal and Weird, Unsocialised Homeschoolers.