There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library and add your post to Learning All the Time Favourite Resource Link Up.
This week ...
Today's resource is one for the mothers, it's a compilation of letters by 50 veteran homeschoolers all sharing what the one thing is they wish they had known when they started home educating. Q: Who do parents turn to with questions aout homeschooling, whether they're novices, long-timers, or just testing the waters? A: Experienced homeschoolers. Who better to answer the questions arising from any serious endeavor than those who have been there, done that, and found a better way?
- Format: Paperback
- Number of Pages: 232
- Vendor: Publishers YWAM USA
- Publication Date: 2001
- ISBN: 1-883002-42-7
- Author Compiled & Edited by Bill & Diana Waring
- Illustrator: N/A
The book is divided into 6 parts
- The Basics - Keeping the fun in it
- The Concepts - Redefining the 3 R's, Curriculum: tool or tyrant?
- The Priorities - You can't do it all and don't have to
- God's Involvement - Home educating for eternity
- Character and Academics - Developing the worker and the tools
The Blessings - Homeschooling pieces our hearts together, and much, much more
The book is available for purchase from: