In our homeschool this week…
- We watched the Olympic 2012 closing ceremony and measured out the world records for men's and woman's high jump.
- It was LEGO's 80th birthday last Friday and Jeanne posted this neat YouTube clip on their history. Sir N and I enjoyed watching this together.
- We are working on understanding place value in math.
- Sir N finished the third book in Language Arts Go For the Code.
- How *NOT* to Home School by Terry Covey.
- I found a Free Online Piano Lesson site that looks interesting.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- Saturday -We rested at home after our super busy week last week.
- Sunday - I babysat my two nieces while my sister and her half went to the Canada expo in Melbourne.
- Monday - Blew the dust off our bicycles and went for a ride to visit the T family.
- Tuesday - Kelly sports and shopping for a second hand couch. We also watched the Olympic closing ceremony.
- Wednesday Took Miss J for an interview and Sir N had swimming lessons
- Thursday - Stayed home.
- Friday - Dinner date with the T family and shared a traditional South African pudding. It's a variation of the Malva pudding that our family enjoys called Dutchman's pudding.
My favorite thing this week was…
- Thinking about a statement Sir N made last week: "Sorry I didn't hear you I was concentrating on my Thoughts!"
- school first in the morning.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- Do you know of an Angry Birds game rehab ? My son downloaded the android game on my tablet and this is where I now find Paul and Sir N on a daily basis. :)
- I am in the process of creating a Homeschool Curriculum board on Pinterest. It's been a while since I have researched or heard about what's new. Please have a look and let me know of curriculum to add to the list.
- Some ideas for posts on Homeschooling High School. I'm considering joining in on the Homeschool High School Carnival which I read about at Seven Little Australians and is starting next month.
- Making Character Trait Trading Cards to go along with the book Get Wisdom! I feel a little frustrated as I was hoping that there would be an online template I could use for free. Alas I have not found one.
- I am also back to by bible study and blogging with my Mom over at One Year Through the Word.
- Persevering in Homeschooling by Carmon Friedrich.
- A beautiful wedding photo. Its a wedding photo with the Milky Way captured behind them. Amazing photo.
- Olympics 2012 Looking through 26 of theguardian top photo's
- 7 Olympic Inspired Lessons for Married Couples by Gina Visram over at The BLOG (Huffington Post)
- The Robinson books on CD G.A. Henty Collection.
- I've been poking around The Robinson Curriculum.
- How to be an Olympic Mother over at Inspired to Action.
- Cure Tooth Decay on Wellness Mama.
- How to Remineralize Teeth Naturally on Wellness Mama
- Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe on Wellness Mama
|Source: Wellness Mama.|
- Dutchman's pudding. (Recipe tomorrow)
- Sheryll from Our Aussie Homeschool. Enjoyed looking through her boards and pinning.
- Megan Adams from Mommy Minded.
- Jane Wang
- Schoolhouse Review Crew
- Angela Main has 8600+ pins for you to shop in.
- Sherry Scott
- Amy Prince has an amazing Homeschool Art board.
I’m grateful for…
- For Homeschoolers on Pinterest who find all sorts of treasures to post onto their boards.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Do as little as possible, as well as possible.Cutting back is hard, but just as flowers bloom best when properly pruned, so will your life.- Kat in her post I'm done living a Walmart life.