Tuesday 7 May 2013

TT - Billy and Blaze


A set of books to warm a little boys heart.

Billy and Blaze Series by C W Anderson

  • Format: Paperback
  • Number of Pages:56
  • Vendor: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
  • Publication Date:
  • ISBN:0689716087
  • ISBN 13:9780689716089
  • Author: Clarence William Anderson (1891 – 1971)
  • Illustrator: C.W. Anderson
I was given two books from this series about a year ago and put them on the library shelf and forgot I had them.  Recently one of our local homes school supply stores sadly had to close and I saw that this series was on sale and snapped up six more.  I'm so pleased that I did.  Sir N and I spent a delightful few days reading these together.  We both loved the line drawings in them.  They are an easy read and just right for boys (and girls) who love horse stories. I hope that these books come back in print so I can complete my collection.

In the series
  1. Billy and Blaze
  2. Blaze and the Gypsies
  3. Blaze and the Forest Fire
  4. Blaze finds the trail
  5. Blaze and Thunderbolt
  6. Blaze and the Mountain Lion
  7. Blaze and the Indian Cave
  8. Blaze and the Lost Quarry
  9. Blaze and the Gray Spotted Pony
  10. Blaze shows the way
  11. Blaze Finds Forgotten Roads
These books are written for children 10 and under.  They would be a super easy read for confident readers but a pleasurable past time non the less. Sir N and I enjoyed seeing how the pictures grew in quality.   Each book is an independent story so there is no need to read them in sequence although book one introduces how Billy and Blaze meet. Here is a sample of two of the books.


Blessings

 Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures.  I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!

There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library and add your post to Tuesday's Treasures Resource Link Up below.
Please link to this post. 

A Button for you.
Please copy and paste the code below
Pop on over and see what others are sharing.
Add you link below

Every bed of Roses

--oOo--



1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me! Wondering if my 6yr old boy would like these. btw Book Depository have them for around $6

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥