Saturday 10 August 2013

It's a Homeschool Extraviganza!

Wow it's certainly been a busy week here on the blog. It's been a week of sharing Curriculum Choices !


It's the time of year where home schoolers are planning their new school year, some have just started and others are six months into their year.  No matter where you are as home school mom's we can all use some professional development.  I would encourage you to join me at The Old Schoolhouse EXPO this year.  It's an online extravaganza to bring you 5 days of ONLINE encouragement. So no matter where you are you can attend.

Details
  • Dates: 19-23 August 2013
  • Time: USA EST 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm (find out your time zone equivalent at Time Zone Converter)
  • Recorded: Expo recordings are included with the price of your Expo ticket. You will receive a link to the recordings after the expo week is complete.
  • Cost: US $24 per person
  • Purchase fromSchoolhouse.
  • Hosts: There are over 26 guest speakers this year.  Pop on over to The Old Schoolhouse to find out more.
  • Schedule: You can print a schedule by speaker name or Day and Time over on the Event Schedule page.
  • Hosted on: GoToWebinar 
  • Speaker Question time: Yes during question time via a chat window. 
  • If you want to know more please visit the Expo FAQ page.

I am so excited that Diana Waring will be one of the speakers this year.  I have attended three conferences where she was the keynote speaker and have always been encouraged and empowered as a home school Mom. At the Expo Diana will be joining Dr. Jay Wile where she will be speaking about Textbook Myths and How to Deal with them.

Diana is the author of two of my favourite home school books: Beyond Survival and Things we wish we'd known. She is also the author of History Revealed.  Connect with Diana on Facebook

 
I am also looking forward to hearing Todd Wilson from The Family man share on Taming the Techno-Beast.  I first heard Todd speak at the very first online expo I attended.  He is funny and down to earth.

He is the author of Help! I’m Married to a Homeschooling Mom. You can also find Todd on Facebook.
I first heard of Andrew Pudewa 13 years ago when I attended a seminar on writing structure and style.  I was hooked.  Recently I watched the DVD Teaching Boys & Other Children Who Would Rather Make Forts All Day by Andrew and I must confess this is one of the most empowering sessions I have ever seen!  If you homeschool you need to watch this.  Andrew will be doing this session at the Expo.  It has equiped me to understand by daughters and sons in more areas than school.
Connect with Andrew on Facebook.



There are many more speakers I'm looking forward to hearing this year. So come along and be encouraged.
Blessings
Chareen




1 comment:

  1. Oh Chareen Todd Wilson looks great I have a constant battle with 4 teens, but also Carol Topp about Micro Businesses appeals to me!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥