Saturday 8 February 2014

HSMJ - Slow and Steady

In my life this week…
We are S*L*O*W*L*Y finding our rhythm here.  It's still not settled but it is getting there.


In our home school this week…
  • We did some valentine art. We created a picture using hearts.
  • Worked on recorder practice.
  • Focused on our bible studies this week.
  • We recorded and watched the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
  • We spent a full day at Science Works exploring their two new displays. We especially enjoyed the Think Ahead displays.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • A birthday party at the outdoor swimming pool.  Great fellowship.
  • We went to Science Works on Monday.  Great day out.
  • Recorder lessons
  • Tennis lessons
My favourite thing this week was…
Questions/thoughts I have…
  • What blogs / websites about ASD {Autism Spectrum Disorder} can you recommend ?
Things I’m working on…
  • I have resurected my Tuesdays Treasure's posts and this week I share a little bit about The Burgess Bird Book for Children. Take a look and share your latest book finds with me.  I love finding new great books to read or read aloud to Sir N.
  • I've been participating in the Virtual Fridge for a while now and am really enjoying seeing the wonderful art work our kids are making.  It's also helping me to focus more on being creative with Sir N on a regular basis.  This week Dream Time Painting {Virtual Fridge}
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Gever Tulley 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do



Here is another one by the same speaker 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do illustrating another 5 things.  I like this one more he explains the benefits behind each suggested activity.
Here is the website: Fifty Dangerous Things (You should let your children do).

He runs a camp called Tinkering School. He shares his thoughts on Life Lessons through tinkering school - building is at the heart of the experience. Failure is celebrated and analyzed.



Blessings

Chareen

Homegrown Learners

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

2 comments:

  1. I will have to go through some of my book marks for ASD. My son is learning the recorder also. The Science Works trip you took looks interesting. This weekend we are doing a mini getaway and I am trying to find a place rich in museums or hands on things that my kids can do. I think I am more excited then they are right about now. Never heard of cauliflower wraps before. They do sound kind of interesting. I will have to come back and check out the video that you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 50 dangerous things site looks fascinating. Have you seen the 50 things to do before you are 11 3/4 list? It is UK based but probably the ideas can be used in most places.
    https://www.50things.org.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥