Saturday 1 March 2014

HSMJ in need of a break ...

In my life this week…
This week I read one of the most profound blog posts I have read in a very long time.  It was refreshing and oh so very true.  I have personally experienced this and it was so liberating and healing to read Why miscarriage matters when you're pro-life.
Tired does not even begin to describe how my brain is feeling at the moment...  Next week we are going away to the Corinella for a short family camping vacation.  I am really looking forward to sleeping in and no where to be.  Oh and a tall stack of books to read ...  Any recommendations ???


In our home school this week…
  • We finished reading The Apple & The Arrow. This is the story of William Tell.
  • We watched episode two of Archaeology: A Secret History.  This is a BBC documentary discovering the history of archaeology and is presented by Dr Richard Miles.  
  • We spent some time watching Backyard Science on iView. 
    Episode 4 - chemical reactions, megaphone, magnets
    Episode 5 - experimented with air flow (balloon experiment),  Giovanni's clapping box, water clock, how to make a spoon sound like Big Ben's bell.
    Episode 6 - Make a string telephone, find out about salt and ice, speed boats using baking soda and vinegar,
    Episode 7 -  We learned about water surface tension (3 experiments), capillary action (1 experiment), ice friction and how your eyes work in the dark
    Episode 8 - Butterfly growth, eyesight (depth of field), make a boomerang, what is in a potato, 
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • This week has been a quiet week.  I'm too tired to do much.  Definitely time for a break.
  • Took a spur of the moment trip to Science Works on Friday.  
My favourite thing this week was…
Things I’m working on…

In Bloggy world I’m reading…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This video was so inspiring and encouraging.  I loved hearing Kenny's story Jump Shot and his life insights.


Blessings

Chareen

Homegrown Learners

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

1 comment:

  1. Again, I love all your weekly resources. I'm thinking that Jesus tree will be fun! I don't know much about Lent but I'm intrigued to check into to at least introducing it to my kids. It's been nice to see your links at my Weekly Moments and Musings!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥