The goal of this fair is for bloggers to encourage and inspire homeschool families by giving them a look at what they are really doing with their children. To share what really works for them and why it works. It is a way to serve the homeschool community and help them find all that wonderful curriculum goodness that is out there today.
For some inspiration of what you will be seeing take a look at all the wonderfulness that was shared during the 2012 Virtual Curriculum Fair, the 2013 Fair, and the 2014 Fair!
This year’s dates and themes:
- January 5th---Playing with Words: the Language Arts---includes phonics, reading, writing, grammar, spelling, speech, literature, etc., etc., etc. Latin and foreign language studies could also go here.
- January 12th---Discovering Patterns: Mathematics, Logic, and Science---includes anything to do with mathematics, mathematical thinking, numbers, arithmetic, symbolic logic, critical thinking, and math-y sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.).
- January 19th---Exploring Our World: Social Studies and more Science---includes history, geography, world cultures, worldview, biology, botany, geology, etc., etc., etc.
- January 26th---Seeking Beauty: the Arts and Everything that Brings Beauty to Our World---includes any of the arts, handicrafts, but really ANYTHING at all that adds beauty to your homeschool.
Would you like to join us?
- Susan from over at Homeschooling Hearts & Minds is currently accepting participants for the 2015 VCF. If you homeschool and blog, she would love to have you join us. She does not want to know about numbers or Facebook followers.
- You can choose to participate every week or pick and choose which themes you will write about. I promise that the guidelines are pretty simple and things like social media shares are optional.
- All participating bloggers will be a part of a closed Facebook group where you will be able to share your links for each week and I will keep you apprized of Fair happenings. Buttons and banners will be provided.
- If you’d like to be a part of the VCF, please go to the 2015 Virtual Curriculum Fair Facebook group and ask to join.