|Sunrise at Foxhill in Beremboke, VIC|
In my life this week…
- I've always wanted to write the bible and many years ago when Timothy and Jane were younger I started but I never finished even one book... There was a family who challenged each of their children to write out the whole bible word for word during their teen years and this really touched my heart. Candace over at His Mercy is New has a challenge this month to write out the book of Philippians along with a FREE printable. It's been good to slow down with the Word and begin a new tradition.
- I found a new homeschool Mom on IG (Follow Heather @lifeofahomeschoolmom) who has a photo challenge for the month March that looks like fun.
- Amy from over at Homeschool Blogging Connection also has an IG challenge for the month of March and three participants will win a $10 amazon gift card!
- Needless to say these three challenges have kept me on my toes this week ...
- On Monday we went up to Foxhill to house-sit for a few days for one Paul's work colleagues. It's always so good to go up there and enjoy the sound of silence. There is no phone coverage for our network so we are phone-less and without internet while there.
- I have decided to re-read some of the books I first read when I started home educating years ago before the internet became my main source of information. I've taken For The Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay off the shelf again. Let me just say WOW. There is so much richness I had forgotten. I have been inspired to write out quotes in a journal which in turn is helping me slow down and bask in the excellent information I have found here.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Clarissa has an Ultimate List of Homechool Curriculum Reviews.
- The Colored Pencil Drawing Course
- Jeannie Fulbright has just updated Exploring Creation with Astronomy and Apologia are giving a set of FREE downloads to us.
* Sample of the updated textbook
* Sample of the Junior Notebooking Journal
* Sample of the Notebooking Journal
* FREE Astronomy activity e-Book
- The 2016 Language Arts Virtual Curriculum Fair is up.
"Identify the child's actual needs and capacities, to serve him as he is, on the basis of what is right and good for him as a person." - Susan Schaefer Macaulay. For The Children's Sake Page 14
In our home school this week…
- We finished reading Adam and His Kin this week.
- And continued reading:
The Trumpet of the Swan.
History of Australia.
Usborne Time Traveller
Little Pilgrim's Progress
Leading Little Ones to God
Exploring Creation : With Astronomy
Story of the World
- In Favorite Poems of Childhood we read the poem The Walrus and the Carpenter on page 40-43 by Lewis Carroll. It sparked a memory from my childhood watching a Disney movie but I couldn't remember what it is so we looked it up on YouTube. Oh my we had so much fun watching this clip Walrus and the Carpenter. It brought the poem to life! It also helped Nathaniel understand what the poem was about.
- We're trying to grow Mushroom with our kit fromFluidgrowers.
- We FINISHED listening to our Audio book: The Fellowship of the Ring Book 1 by J.R.R.TOLKIEN. Read by Rob Inglis
- Began reading In Grandma's Attic again. Oh my I'd forgotten about the wonderful truth hidden in this biographical tale.
- We read another Robert E.Wells book this week. Is a blue Whale the Biggest thing there is? Did you know that it would take you three weeks at ten hours a day to count to a million?
My favourite thing this week was…
- I loved listening Good Good Father over at Counting Pinecones.
- This is What Happens When Satan Steals Your Motherhood
- A review of the Clever DIY boxes.
On the WWW I’m reading…
- It's always fun to read Homeschool success stories. I enjoyed this one this week - Homeschooled Siblings Win TV’s Cupcake Wars
- I read an interesting article about Adult Coloring Books and Mandalas, A Warning For Christians. I do love the beautiful books out there but this is a timely reminder to choose carefully before we purchase and colour.
- I'm trying this one out - Oven Roasted Garlic Cabbage
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- No-Cook Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Connect with me
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor
A Week In Review Link UP
Join Lisa and I each week and share your week in review. We look forward to reading about your
Week in Review
And anything homeschool related.
Here is a button for your post.