Tuesday 13 August 2019

Books About Homeschooling {Not Back to School Blog Hop 2019}


Welcome to day two of the Not Back to School Homeschool Review Crew Blog Hop.  Today on the Crew blog Stephanie is sharing 4 Tips for Your New (Home)School Year. Yesterday we talked about ART in Your Homeschool and today I would like to share about two new books I've been reading. These two books have been encouraging and equipping me on my home education journey and have deeply impacted my life this year.

Teaching From Rest a Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace

Teaching From Rest A Homeschooler's Guide to Unshakable Peace

Format Hardback | 89 pages
Dimensions 146.05 x 215.9 x 6.35mm | 163.29g
Publication date 15 Sep 2015
Publisher Classical Academic Press
Language English
ISBN10 1600512879
ISBN13 9781600512872

I was gifted this amazing book by a wonderful homeschool Mom whom I met a few years ago and has become an encouraging friend. It was a book on my to read list and recently I added it to my Audible play list in which Sarah reads the book to her audience.

As a veteran homeschooling Mom I am ever so grateful for this beautiful encouraging book.  I have been feeling exhausted and on the edge of burn out for a while now and this book has spoken to my weary home school Mom heart.  Sarah has encouraged me in a deep abiding way.  Her conversational tone is a balm to all home educating Mom's the world over. I have learnt so much from Sarah about living and teaching from a state of rest and what it truly means to do so. 

Publishers Summary - "Those who have made the decision to homeschool their children have done so out of great love for them and a desire to provide them an excellent education in the context of a warm, enriching home. Yet so many parents (mainly mothers) who have taken up this challenge find the enterprise often full of stress, worry, and anxiety. In this practical, faith-based, and inspirational book, Sarah Mackenzie addresses these questions directly, appealing to her own study of restful learning and her struggle to bring restful learning to her (six) children."

You can download 3 Free Sample Chapters over at Read-Aloud Revival. 

 Think Learn Succeed by Dr.Caoline Leaf

Format Paperback | 320 pages
Dimensions 140 x 216 x 25mm | 379g Publication date 31 Jul 2018
Publisher Baker Publishing Group
Imprint Baker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group
Publication City/Country Ada, MI, United States
Language English
Edition Statement ITPE
Illustrations note Illustrations, black and white
ISBN10 0801093619
ISBN13 9780801093616

This book has changed the way I approach learning and how I teach.  It has inspired and equipped me to be the best I can be and how to help my students.  I highly recommend that every single person read this book.  It will help you not only understand yourself and your potential but understand your children, your spouse and every person you encounter every single day of your life. I have had a few homeschooling learning myths dispelled and I have been empowered with tools to help myself and my students.  This book has the potential to change everyone who reads it!

Publishers Summary: "Our thought lives have incredible power over our mental, emotional, and even physical well-being. In fact, our thoughts can either limit us to what we believe we can do or release us to experience abilities well beyond our expectations. When we choose a mindset that extends our abilities rather than placing limits on ourselves, we will experience greater intellectual satisfaction, emotional control, and physical health. The only question is . . . how? Backed by up-to-date scientific research and biblical insight, Dr. Caroline Leaf empowers readers to take control of their thoughts in order to take control of their lives. In this practical book, readers will learn to use

 - The 5-step Switch on Your Brain Learning Program, to build memory and learn effectively
- The Gift Profile, to discover the unique way they process information
- The Mindfulness Guide, to optimise their thought life and find their inner resilience

 Dr. Leaf shows readers how to combine these powerful tools in order to improve memory, learning, cognitive and intellectual performance, work performance, physical performance, relationships, emotional health, and most importantly a meaningful life well lived. 

Each of us has significant psychological resources at our fingertips that we can use in order to improve our overall well-being. Dr. Leaf shows us how to harness those resources to unlock our hidden potential."

 In the past I have shared and still recommend

I would love to hear which books you recommend for Homeschool Mom's to read.

Blessings
Chareen


There are over thirty home educating mom's participating in this years Not back to School Blog Hop.  Grab a cup of tea and take a look through the linky below for some homeschool Encouragement today.
 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the second book - will have to see if my library can get a copy for me. I have the first one and need to re-read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth reading. I have grown so much and learned so much from it.

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading Teaching From Rest. I was thinking the other day I should pull it out again. I have not heard of the second book, though. I will have to check more into it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥