- 2 small onions (1 large)
- 3 medium kumara (Sweet potato)
- 1 teaspoon butter (or margarine)
- 1 Litre chicken Stock (I like my soup thick so used 500 ml)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium leek
- 250 ml cream (optional)
|Finely chop leek & onion|
|Fry onion & leek with butter till tender. Add curry and fry for two min.|
|Peel and chop sweet potato and add to crock pot|
|Add fried leek and onion and stock to potato|
- Cook till sweet potato is tender.
- Purée using a stick blender till your soup is a smooth consistency.
- Serve warm with bread or a dash of cream for a creamy taste.
I like my soup quite thick so if you want your soup to be of a runny consistency add in extra stock or cream for a creamy taste. Kumara is the Maori word for sweet potato. We made this soup as part of our Expedition Earth journey to New Zealand.
Thank you Mrs C in Christchurch New Zealand for this lovely soup recipe.