Monday 11 July 2011

Kumara Soup (NZ recipe)

 Ingredients 


  • 2 small onions (1 large)
  • 3 medium kumara (Sweet potato)
  • 1 teaspoon butter (or margarine)
  • 1 Litre chicken Stock (I like my soup thick so used 500 ml)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 medium leek
  • 250 ml cream (optional)

Method


Finely chop leek & onion
Fry onion & leek with butter till tender. Add curry and fry for two min.
Peel and chop sweet potato and add to crock pot
Add fried leek and onion and stock to potato
  • Cook till sweet potato is tender.
  • Purée using a stick blender till your soup is a smooth consistency.
  • Serve warm with bread or a dash of cream for a creamy taste.


I like my soup quite thick so if you want your soup to be of a runny consistency add in extra stock or cream for a creamy taste.  Kumara is the Maori word for sweet potato. We made this soup as part of our Expedition Earth journey to New Zealand.

Thank you Mrs C in Christchurch New Zealand for this lovely soup recipe.

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to give this a try - I found some sweet potato in my pantry I'd forgotten about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it turned out well for you. Blessings =D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥