First on my list is:
I have purchased this and had every intention of starting this on the 1 October but unfortunately life happened and it was not to be. How ever I intend to start on Monday and will be blogging about this journey over here. I invite anyone out there to join me on the journey.
The title of the eBook is 31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha house the Mary way. This book has been written by Sarah Mae. Sarah has graciously provided a sample day (Day 1).
I have had some time to look over this resource and it is something that provides baby steps and heaps of encouragement. I have decided rather than work on clean for 31 days straight I will be working my way through the book/challenges from Monday to Friday.
Once you have purchased the book there is also a reader only download page containing a wonderful page of video's to encourage you on your journey (Sample). These video's have been created by Jennifer Ross from Renewing Housewives. The book costs US $4-99 and can be purchased on line. There is also a table of contents for you to look over.
- Week One's challenge: Purchase a candle. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home, I highly recommend her post: Are you Distant or Engaged ?
- Week Two's challenge: Play soft music everyday Sing Dance Smile and Swoon and Making Your Home a Haven
- Week Three challenge: List a few of the spots in your home that make you visually stressed because of all the clutter. An unplanned video of my clutter making your home a haven
- Week four challenge: Keep the candle going, the music playing, and add some tender moments with your family. Creating Family Nights
- Week five challenge: Focus on the kitchen, the heart of the home. Cook things with pleasant aromas
Third but definitely not last !
Last weekend along with some beautiful women from Suburban Baptist Church we started Healthy Lifestyle by Careforce Lifekeys. This is a ten week course which we have started a bit late in the year so in order to complete it before the Christmas break we did session one, two and three last weekend. I came home refreshed and encouraged to take ownership of my health, what I eat and what form of exercise I choose to do.
- Session one was one which encouraged us to embrace life.
- Session two was all about Getting into Physical Activity. Part of this challenge is to choose to do a little more activity each day. For me I would like to start walking and build up my endurance and speed. I need to have a look at my schedule and see what will work without detracting from the time my family needs. Any ideas would be appreciated.
- Session three looked at nutrition. This is one in which there is nothing new but it was good to be reminded. We also did a core training session using nothing but an exercise mat and a balance ball. Really good workout. I am sorry to report that no I have not repeated any of them this past week but this is something I am hoping to do at least twice a week. However Sir N and I did get out and about on my bicycle and his tag along.
- Tomorrow will be session four: Introduction to weight training.