The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- We discovered The Brick Testament. Lots of fun. A word of caution the author does use poetic licence in some of his speech bubbles.
- We have been watching Little House on the Prairie season 1. So much fun.
- Sir N has renewed his desire to learn to tell the time ! So out came the watch and file folder game to learn to tell the time. Plenty of practice happening around here.
- In maths it so happens we are learning about skip counting in 5's. Some days the pieces fall into place and other days it's a struggle. I think I need to get the counting beans out again.
- An excellent handbook for new and seasoned home schoolers: Things we wish we'd known. This book is a compilation of letters by 50 veteran homeschoolers all sharing what the one thing is they wish they had known when they started home educating.
- Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers over at Weird, Unsocialised Homeschoolers.
- 10 skills every child should posses before leaving home over at Weird, Unsocialised Homeschoolers.
- An Innocent Man Imprisoned for Life by Gail Purath over at WOW Writing on the Word.
- Ten things I love about being an OBGYN over at The Pregnancy Companion (No I'm not pregnant, although you could stand with me in prayer for another blessing ....)
- Ten ways to say: "I love You" to a Homeschool Mom over at Weird, Unsocialised Homeschoolers I ♥ this list it is practical, inexpensive and easy to implement.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- Today we will be visiting a homeschool Mom who is going to introduce me to All About Spelling.
- We visited my sister and sister in law this week.
- School term swimming lessons commenced today.
- Celebrated Miss J's graduation on Tuesday evening with a meal chosen by her and a framed replica of her certificate and a special item of jewelery.
- Counting down the months, weeks and days
My favorite thing this week was…
- Going through my computer archives and finding a document with the themes for each book of the bible.
- Having a subscription with Library Elf. The Elf notifies me via email when my books are due back at the library! Library Elf is free for basic service level.
- The service is available in the following countries: US, Canada and International pop on over and see if your library is on the list. The service is not affiliated with anyone and is independent of any school or library.
- How do you organise all the homeschool items that you are not currently using ??
- Creating an achievable schedule to help our homeschool rhythm and maintain the areas of my home I have reclaimed from CHAOS!
- Conquering Mount Washmore and Mount Ironmore ..... (I am a comrad in arms with Sue: laundry hater, if I had the finance I would pay for someone to come in three times a week to do it for me sigh)
- Moving lots of things around. Paul has erected a storage shed for us as we do not have much storage space in our home. So I am creating a mess to make an organised space !
- Parenting with Purpose over at Teri Lynne Underwood. Teri calls a spade a spade in the most encouraging way ever. Pop on over and be encouraged.
- Top Ten Tuesday Blog Hop over at Oh Amanda !
- How to get motivated to clean your house over at Homegrown Mom it is a little wearying trying to over come CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and this post is encouraging.
- Inspirational Quotes over at Guidance for Victory.
- Weight Loss Tips over at Our Goodwin Journey. This is an excellent post of encouragement for anyone who is currently on a weight loss journey.
- Two issues that cause division in Families over at Keepin' It Real Boy do I wish I had this article seven years ago ! This is an excellent post dealing with modesty/clothing and music issues and teenagers. Excellent encouraging advice.
- Nothing new. Reheating some of the extra meals in my freezer.
- Gina who wrote Blind Spots over at Keepin' It Real I really needed to read this post today. I have much to think about and much to pray for now.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
We are not exactly doubting that God will do the best for us;
we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and The Homeschool Chick pop on over to read what other homeschool Moms are doing.