The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- We finished off our Kenya unit study and prepared our South African unit study. I decided that we will complete and do this study after our trip to South Africa. (Two sleeps and we leave!)
- Coloured in our Lent countdown from Catholic Icing.
- Charlotte Mason Companion thoughts on Nature Journaling
- Nature Journaling on the internet. Found some great resources.
- Growing your child(ren)’s knowledge through Their Interests and Gifts – Jeannie Fulbright
- Home School Links by subject over at Creating with Wisdom.
- For Days when you just don't feel like homeschooling anymore over at The Homeschool Chick.
- All your comments and words of encouragement. Thank you :o)
- On Wednesday we had a very very busy day. We had morning tea with some friends, early afternoon tea/cake at my brothers place to celebrate his son's 10th birthday and afternoon tea at another friends house to celebrate his birthday!
- Friday we are meeting with friends to have a shared Passover meal.
- Saturday Sir N and I will be joining my Dad for a day of 4x4 driving at Mount Dissapointment.
- On Sunday we will be going to my parents home for a family brunch and Easter egg hunt.
- Counting down the months, weeks and days
My favorite thing this week was…
- Receiving The Lobster Blog Award thank you Erin. Look for the post on this on Wednesday :o)
- Trying to do school and get ready for an overseas trip !!!!
Questions/thoughts I have…
- What's on your Easter reading list ?
- Cleaning my house.
- Purchasing gifts for family in South Africa who we haven't seen in 10 years.
- Packing luggage for our trip.
- Conquering Mount Washmore and Ironmore !
- Rounding up the 60+ books we have from the library so they can be returned before we leave for South Africa on Sunday.
- 5 Biggest Misconceptions About Unschooling over at Lew Rockwell
- Pinterested? Just 'don't get pricked by scams' over at Optuszoo Technology News
- Dealing With the Betrayal of a Friend by Courtney over at The Better Mum
- Welcome to the Mission of Motherhood Book Study! over at Mom Heart. This has inspired me to take this book along on holiday and read it.
- Confident Unschooling Amidst the Doubts over at Creating with Wisdom
- The Case for Easter by Lee Strobel. I am really enjoying this little book. I have been impacted greatly and my faith has grown. really recommend you read it.
- A baked potato dish with brown onion soup to take to a Passover meal on Friday.
- My Mom who came over on Thursday to help me clean my home in preparation for our journey. My husband who has been working a full day and coming home and helping to tidy up the yard before we leave and do things in and around the home to help me.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Max Lucado says of Judas “Jesus could see something we can’t… Jesus knew Judas had been seduced by a powerful foe. He was aware of the wiles of Satan’s whispers. He knew how hard it was for Judas to do what was right. He didn’t justify what Judas did. He didn’t minimize the deed. Nor did he release Judas from his choice. But he did look eye to eye with his betrayer and try to understand. As long as you hate your enemy, a jail door is closed and a prisoner is taken. But when you try to understand and release your foe from your hatred, then the prisoner is released and that prisoner is you.”
Blessings to you and your family this Easter