Tuesday 30 July 2013

TT - A Country Far Away


A Country Far Away
  • Format: Paper back
  • Number of Pages:32 
  • Publisher: Fontaine Press 
  • Publication Date: 
  • ISBN 10:0980876028 
  • ISBN 13:9780980876024
  • Author: Nigel Gray 
  • Illustrator: Philippe Dupasquier 
This book is an incredibly clever book.  It is one story which illustrates a first and third world country at the same time. Each page is divided into two. The top half illustrates a third world country and the bottom half illustrates a first world country and running through the center is the story.  Its the story of a typical family and what they do every day but the pictures show how it is done.  The Book Depository says "A remarkable and delightful book that shows how children are alike the world over, while at the same time celebrating the rich and interesting diversity of their ordinary lives." and I must agree. This book is well worth having on your shelf.


Blessings
Chareen
Every bed of Roses

 Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures.  I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!

There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library. Grab the button for your post and add a link to your post below. I would love to read about your treasures. 


2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous book Chareen, I will keep my eye out for it! Love these posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this does look like a wonderful book! Sorry I didn't get a TT post up last week - too much going on! I'll see what I can do for this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥