the Homeschool Mothers Journal. I have missed blogging about my week.
I will be joining a fellow home school mom over at The Pebble Pond who is seeking her joy through taking a picture a day and will be sharing my en-devours over at I will enter His Courts with Thanks Giving. This is a little project I started earlier in the year in order to count my 1000 gifts. Somehow I became a little side tracked and far too busy.
Speaking of photography have you heard of Beryl Ayn Young ? She's a mom who discovered a healing journey through photography and now teaches photography classes and encourages Mom's to enjoy their photography.
Beryl is doing a 12 week photographic email/online course for Free called Radiate Rediscover your inner Glow stating next week.
In our home school this week…
- This was our second week using Sonlight Core B. I had forgotten just how much fun it is to homeschool with Sonlight. Sir N and I are having heaps of fun.
- We are focusing on completing Explode the Code Book 2.
- Sir N completed I Can Read It! Book 1 this week. YAY. Reading is becoming so much easier.
- I've also started reading the bible and Leading Little Ones to God to Sir N. We plan on starting memory work next week.
- We are both enjoying reading Missionary Stories with the Millers
- We are currently reading Charlotte's Web out loud. I had forgotten just how enjoyable the writings of EB White are. I think I shall add in The Trumpet of the Swan once we are finished with Charlotte. Paul and Sir N finished Brer Rabbit this week and are now reading The Three Muskateers.
- In history/geography we are reading Houses and Homes and Peoples of the World.
- For science we have enjoyed Discover & Do Level 1 DVD in which we are watching the sections on magnets and magnetism. Together we have been reading Science Activities, Vol. 1 and The Usborne World Of Animals. We also completed two weeks of Science Activity/Notebooking Page.
- In Math we completed up to lesson 10 of Exploring Arithmetic 3 and started using Math Rider again to work on math facts and speed.
- We went to a ballet recital to support a friend of ours.
- The Homeschool Mothers Journal is now being hosted at So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler.
- If you are studying World War II have you seen Facebook News Feed History of the World WWII
- The Old Schoolhouse is hosting an online EXPO and you are all invited.
- If you are studying Ancient History pop on over and read Cyrus' story "A rare glimpse at an artifact that gave religious freedom to ancient conquered peoples, including the Israelites"
- The Notebooking Nook is sharing a great Language Arts Freebie
- In Grandma's Attic Kindle Edition is FREE
- Marcy has tickets to The Schoolhouse Expo for you to win.
- Ultimate Free Homeschool Planning List: Free Homeschool Planners, Forms, and more over at Free Homeschool deals.
- FREE eBooks for Homeschoolers Facebook group.
I am inspired by…
- 12 Ways to Love your Unbelieving Child over at Becoming a Strong Woman of God.
- The Healthy Homeschool Marriage a 5 day series by Crystal over at Crystal Starr Blog.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- I am so excited I attended The Beautiful Women conference by Planet Shakers with my Mom for the weekend. I went last year and was wonderfully blessed.
- We are back at tennis and Kelly Sports this term.
- Went for a drive to explore the You Yangs. Lots of fun.
- Reading about the birth of Sarah's twins over at Amongst lovely things.
- In April I read about a family whose baby was removed from their care because they sought a second opinion. I found out that in June they won their case against CPS!
- Looking at all the gorgeous photographs of Sarah's twins. They are so gorgeous and I can see why she is so besotted with them. These pic's have made me so clucky for another baby or should I say two . . . I shall keep praying.
- Using Sonlight as our spine. We are smiling all around here.
- What do you use to study the fine arts ? I'm looking for some input for my Fine Arts Curriculum page.
Things I’m working on…
- I have been flat out blogging all week on my 5 days of Curriculum choices posts. I had every
- This week was also the start of the Homeschool Help series after a break for the summer. We shared our Curriculum choices for the year ahead.
- Creating a Bloglovin Account. You can now follow this blog by clicking on the Bloglovin button.
On My Bedside Table ...
- Nothing got read. This week I plan on reading Three Decades of Fertility. I will be sharing a review with you later this week.
- #Hashtag Haters Beware - they're here! over at Social Savvy Mom
- Modesty: I Don't Think it Means What You think it Means over at Ideas for the common good.
- When You've lost Your joy in the Midst of Marriage & Motherhood over at Women Living Well
- How much does a baby really cost ? How I raised my baby for the cost of a cup of coffee a day by Naomi Charles. Great article to help bring some balance.
- When you think your Love story is boring. Such a good write up about the reality of love, life and marriage.
- I'm trying to understand my DSLR some more and the idea of the histogram appeals but understanding it is another thing altogether. Are you using your histogram to get better photographs ?
- Printing Up Books over at The Paper Maid. Deborah shares about Books should be FREE.
- I discovered that my brother in law has started blogging. Here is the first artical of his that I read: Getting Started with a Capability Model.
- Haute Off the Press: A Shocking Example of the Power of Makeup this is so worth a look. Amazing amazing photo I was truly surprised at the radical transformation.
- I ♥ the look of this book Seed Sowers.
- A Silicon Valley School That Doesn't Compute. Interesting read.
- the easiest meals I can find. No time I needed to focus on sharing with you :) My family have been so very gracious.
- Next week I shall be experimenting with Simplified Dinners and let you know what we thought.
On Pinterest I found...
- The Schoolhouse Review Crew have been sharing some excellent articles from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine
- 5 Days 90 Bloggers = 450 Articles This board is chock full of new content to encourage and support your homeschool journey.
I’m grateful for…
- Homeschool families who encourage and support one another and you my readers who share your thoughts in comments.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…I found this YouTube clip inspiration Phil Hansen: Embrace the shake. Take 10 min to watch you will be inspired and encouraged.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor