Grrr I'm feeling a little frustrated with Pinterest's latest update preventing me from pinning more than 15 pins from the web at a sitting. It's so annoying!
I have recently started investigating The Trim Healthy Mama and so far both Paul and I are impressed with how satisfying the meals are. I have been inspired by my mother ... This week Sir N has been sampling THM foods with me. He has been tasting my Singing Canary drinks I have been making each day. I am trying to tweak it to my personal taste ...
I am also enjoying the photographs and video's that are being shared on the Prince William and Kate Facebook page.
In our home school this week…
- Sir N so enjoyed that Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle that we are off to the library to borrow another book in the series.
- He is also enjoying The Usborne Time Traveler so much so that he can't wait for us to go to Rome!
- I'm so enjoying listening to him read I Can Read It! Book 2 to me.
- Today Sir N and I are going to the library to get some books to continue our Expedition Earth journey. He loves traveling the world.
- This week we have been working through triple digit subtraction with borrowing.
- 25 Homeschooling Truths I Wish I’d Known over at Homeschool Diaries
- FREE Australian birds flash cards to download.
- The Schoolhouse Review Crew 2014 applications are now up.
- I love visiting Suzie's Home Education ideas for inspiration.
- If you have children who are into all things space, have a look at TIME's Endeavour Space Shuttle Exclusive: A Timelapse of A Final Ride .
- 40 Maps They Didn’t Teach You In School
- Leap into Literature Three Weeks in over at Seven Little Australians
- The Heart of the Matter. Take some time to watch this it's half an hour and thought provoking. It talks about fats in our diets. Part two will air next Thursday. Here is a link to the full page of links - Heart of the Matter > Does high cholesterol really increase your risk of heart attacks?
- 'Home birth is not a wild or erratic choice': Doula and photographer shares intimate images of labor to 'demystify' experience
- A play date with a friend.
- Driving teenagers around to appointments all week ...
- We went to the bank and opened a savings account for Sir N. So much fun. Sir N wants to save for a digital camera that has a good zoom lens.
- Climbing on the scales and finally seeing the numbers go in the right direction. I've been watching my Mom and sister in law start on The Trim Healthy Mam so I started using some of their recipes last week. (More of my story later ...)
- I'm so proud of my daughter she has been saving up to purchase a car and finally met her goals. She went to pay and pick up a beautiful Nissan Micra on Wednesday.
- Earlier bed times ...sometimes
- Reading and trying to understand The Trim Healthy Mama. In my endevours I have been stalking the Facebook groups and reading some blog posts like these Wk 1 Observations Trim Healthy Mama–New Habits and THM Week 9 Going Strong! Feeling Strong!
- Sharing what Membership on the Schoolhouse Review Crew means to me.
- I finally remembered that I had a voucher to purchase a personalized planner and it was about to expire. Not a good idea to throw away $45 so I had fun creating one and it's in the process of being made and will be sent out soon!
- Virtual Fridge blog hop.
- Trim Healthy Mama
- At home in Dogwood Mudhole by Franklin Sanders. I'm enjoying this book. Beautifully written.
- The Fourth Kingdom really enjoyed this book. Great read. I'm even more pleased that I had the sequel to jump straight into.
- The sequel to The Fourth Kingdom The Force. This book is a sit on the edge of your chair thriller. Loved every minitute of this read. Challenging topics and thought provoking information
- Our First Australia Trip over at Dingo Den.
- Highlighting Is a Waste of Time: The Best and Worst Learning Techniques
- Fit Mom Defends Controversial Photo: 'I Never Called You Fat'
- Fit Mom's Facebook Photo Gets Major Backlash
- Shocked to read this: Weep for your children: Sex Week at the University of Maryland :(
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to a Mom of a Big Family
- Making Home Made Butter
- This Guy’s Wife Got Cancer, So He Did Something Unforgettable.
- 21 Ways to Raise a Daughter to Rebel and Despise You
- Creative Dad Takes Crazy Photos Of Daughters
- Bread in a Mug
- Singing Canary - definitely trying to tweak this so it tastes better! I like the positive health benefits and it's better than the amount of tea I normally consume but I need to tweak it to be a little more sweet.
- Cheesecake Really like this. Will be adding this to our diet regularly.
I’m grateful for…
- People who are willing to talk about things truthfully, that are not worried about political correctness. I really enjoyed what Tim Elmore had to say in this article: How Adults are Stealing Ambition From Kids.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor