To meet the author and read an interview be sure to pop on over to Grace-Filled-Moments and read: Meet Nicole Vaughn, Author of Devotions from the Torah
Isn't that an amazing thought ? "God is the only one who ever took absolute nothing and made something." I love knowing the meanings of words and digging deeper. Nicole says: "When we look at Genesis Chapter one in the light of the Hebrew translations of our English words, we can see intricate details that have often times been overlooked, details that expound upon the character of our Creator."
Within the first pages of this devotional she welcomes you in as a friend, it has an easy conversational tone which is not at all 'preachy' but is as one friend sharing a deep and meaningful insight with another.
The book of Genesis is divided into the following sub-sectiions of study
- Chapter 1-11 Learn to see into your own heart as you look at the lives of those from Adam to Noah.
- Chapters 12-36 Walk the journey of faith. See how God grows your faith through the lives of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- Chapter 37-50 See the foreshadowing of Christ in the life of Joseph.
Each devotional is finished with a prayer. These prayers are different from the traditional one or two line prayers you find in five minute devotions. These prayers are heartfelt and full of scripture (and their reference points). They help you to see who God is. They help your heart and soul to worship and abide in His presence.
Nicole Vaughn is the Children’s Ministry Director at Shiloh Baptist Church in Somerville, AL. She is the co-administrator of CrossRoads Christian Academy. She is the founder of Proven Path Ministries. She has also lead inductive Precept Upon Precept studies, has served as an advocate for her local crisis pregnancy center and has shared the testimony of Christ throughout her community and abroad. Nicole is a woman who is dedicated in her faith, devoted to her family, and driven to share the truth of God with others. She and her husband, Patrick, currently reside in Decatur, AL with their two youngest children.
Devotions From Genesis takes you from creation to the bondage of the children of Israel
- ISBN-13: 9781616631505
- Publisher: Tate Publishing & Enterprises, L.L.C.
- Publication date: 7/6/2010
- Pages: 216
- Product dimensions: 5.20 (w) x 8.10 (h) x 0.50 (d)
- Available from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Amazon Kindle
Devotions From Exodus Part One will take you from the bondage of the children of Israel to their freedom. Devotions from Exodus
- ISBN-13: 9781625101082
- Publisher: Tate Publishing
- Publication date: 10/1/2013
- Pages: 220
- Product dimensions: 5.20 (w) x 8.20 (h) x 0.50 (d)
- Available from Barnes & Noble, Barnes & Noble eBook, Amazon, Amazon Kindle and Christian Book
Connect with Nicole