Tired does not even begin to describe how my brain is feeling at the moment... Next week we are going away to the Corinella for a short family camping vacation. I am really looking forward to sleeping in and no where to be. Oh and a tall stack of books to read ... Any recommendations ???
In our home school this week…
- We finished reading The Apple & The Arrow. This is the story of William Tell.
- We watched episode two of Archaeology: A Secret History. This is a BBC documentary discovering the history of archaeology and is presented by Dr Richard Miles.
- We spent some time watching Backyard Science on iView.
Episode 4 - chemical reactions, megaphone, magnets
Episode 5 - experimented with air flow (balloon experiment), Giovanni's clapping box, water clock, how to make a spoon sound like Big Ben's bell.
Episode 6 - Make a string telephone, find out about salt and ice, speed boats using baking soda and vinegar,
Episode 7 - We learned about water surface tension (3 experiments), capillary action (1 experiment), ice friction and how your eyes work in the dark
Episode 8 - Butterfly growth, eyesight (depth of field), make a boomerang, what is in a potato,
- FREE Nature Printable from Marcy over at Ben and Me.
- A great daily bible reading plan (using the Ergermeir Bible) for families with young children 40 Days with Jesus and making a Jesus Tree
- As homeschool Mom's we often struggle with a deep sense of failure. Here is some encouragement Rethinking Failure – By Rhea Perry
- 8 Surprising Historical Facts That Will Change Your Concept Of Time Forever an interesting article.
- 20 Sight Word Games to Play Indoors
- Mary shares some insights into Homeschooling Big Kids This is a wonderfully refreshing post on the truth of homeschooling in the high school years. Thank you Mary for your honesty I wish there had been more homeschoolers like you when my first two were beginning their high school years.
- Ages of Treasure Timeline
- Project based Homeschooling. Love the idea behind this.
- This week has been a quiet week. I'm too tired to do much. Definitely time for a break.
- Took a spur of the moment trip to Science Works on Friday.
- Who says paper creations can't be fun ? This photo essay is wonderful Mini Fashion Designer Creates Amazing Dresses Out of Paper and Tape
- Loved reading this godly perspective from Michelle Duggar 19 reasons Michelle Duggar loves her body, even after 19 babies
- KinderBach Review
- Science4Us.com Review
- Sharing about a read aloud we recently enjoyed The Apple & The Arrow
- We have been enjoying Line Designs this week.
- NBC says Olympian David Wise’s love of God, wife, child is ‘alternative lifestyle’ Mollie Hemingway wrote “Isn’t it fascinating that NBC views a man taking care of his wife and daughter as an alternative lifestyle?”
- Parents fight to save unborn baby with two brains I have nothing but admiration for this family. In a throw away society it is so good to hear of a family who value the sanctity of life.
- 9 Frugal-Living Tips From the Great Depression interesting read.
- Obama's Valentine's Day bachelor golf holiday marks 23rd vacation a rather shocking revelation of the cost of the first families vacations on the American people's taxes
- The Block's Brad & Lara Our wedding album gorgeous photographs.
- 'I've been made to look unprepared and ridiculous': The Block Steve complains he's a victim of unfair reality TV editing. I've experienced this too. It's so sad that the feel it's okay to steal someones reputation in such a way.
- The World’s First Genetically Modified Babies BornThis was a rather shocking read this morning.
- So good to read about a positive invention in a world of negative press 16-Year-Old Girl's Invention Could Change the World
- I'm a little in shock over this article 3-Year Old Dies After Botched Root Canal Why on earth would you give a three year old a root canal in the first place ? I thought baby teeth didn't have the same sort of roots as adult teeth ???
- Amazing how the words on your hospital admission form will determine who pays for your hospital care. Here is one for my American friends to read How to Avoid the Two Words that Cost Thousands in Medicare Bills
- This is beautiful A Lesson in Leadership: From Conductor Riccardo Chailly.
- A great insight. One I wish I had had years ago The Number One Sign Your Kids Are Just Borrowing Your Faith (and Not Developing Their Own)
- Last year I watched an amazing although heartbreaking YouTube clip about Christian. I was pleased to watch this video on his reconstruction surgery on The Doctor's TV it's so good to see a positive outcome for this amazing family.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor