With the advent of the internet and weblogs we are given this amazing ability to see in the homes of home educating families around the world at any time of the day. The only downside I have found to this phenomenon is that these picture perfect homeschools can leave you feeling overwhelmed and ill equipped to home educate your own family. On the upside however you can learn so much from these amazing women who open up their hearts and share their experiences and insights on home educating.
The more I learn about the Charlotte Mason method of home educating the more I'd like to know of how to implement it in today's modern home school.
Today I would love to share with you 10 Charlotte Mason blogs that I've been learning from. These are presented in random fashion and not in order of preference.
1. Practical PagesI love spending time at Practical Pages. Nadene is an encouraging down to earth Charlotte Mason inspired Home educator who shares many free resources.
- Charlotte Mason this page is a goldmine of links to everything Charlotte Mason on Nadene's blog.
- Famous Artists
- FREE Pages this is a treasure trove of links to all the beautiful downloads available on Practical Pages
2. Journey and DestinationCarol blogs over at journey-and-destination where she shares her heart, resources and insights into home educating her children. She has seven children and has home schooled them all. Five have graduated.
Here are a few posts to whet your appetite
- Culture of Character
- Science & Natural History with a 15 Year old Boy
- A 10 Year Old's Nature Notebook & maybe a rare find...
- Living Science Books for the 20th Century: Uncle Tungsten by Oliver Sacks
- Coming Late to Ambleside Online - some thoughts on the high school years
3. Sage ParnassusNancy is a veteran homeschool mom of 20 years and the hostess at Sage Parnassus where she loves to write about the Charlotte Mason philosophy and method of Education. She also serves on the Charlotte Mason Institute Board. She has six children of whom two have graduated and she is still home educating her youngest four.
4. A Peaceful DayJeanne homeschools her daughter following the Ambleside Online curriculum and shares her thoughts and insights over at A Peaceful Day
5. ArchipelagOThis community blog is the official Ambleside Online Blog and has seven contributors.
- Beginning Charlotte Mason's Methods with Older Students
- From the Parents' Review: How to Prepare and Present a Lesson
- What Is Twaddle?
6. Fisher.Academy.InternationalThis blog is home to the monthly Charlotte Mason Blog Carnival where you will find an abundance of wonderful Charlotte Mason encouragement.
7. Charlotte Mason InstituteThe Charlotte Mason Institute is a relatively new space I've been exploring but their blog contains some thought provoking posts.
- A Brief Discussion on Living Books
- Finding Life in a Dead Language
- Natural History: Implementing Special Studies
8. Jimmie's CollageJimmie homeschool's her daughter using the Charlotte Mason Method and Notebooking.
- 10 Favorite Websites for Charlotte Mason Homeschooling
- Nature Study
- Charlotte Mason Homeschooling Q & A
9. A Charlotte Mason HomeDeborah blogs at A Charlotte Mason Home which is dedicated to bringing Charlotte Mason's ideas to the modern homeschool family.
10. Simply Charlotte MasonSimply Charlotte Mason is the home of two Charlotte Mason educating families with over 40 years of Charlotte Mason educating experience between them.
Other posts in the 5 Days of Charlotte Mason Resources Series
- Charlotte Mason Education Resource List
- Shakespeare for a Charlotte Mason Education
- Charlotte Mason inspired homeschool Bloggers
- Charles Dickens for a Charlotte Mason Education
The Schoolhouse Review Crew will be joining forces with Homeschool Blogging Connection to bring you a week full of back to school encouragement.
I encourage you to grab a cup of tea and take some time to take a look at what my fellow bloggers are sharing this week in the 2015 Back to Homeschool Blog Hop
Joanie @ Simple Living Mama
Aurie @ Our Good Life
Jennifer @ A Peace of Mind
Jenn @ Treasuring Life's Blessings
Kemi @ Homemaking Organized
Wendy @ Life at Rossmont
Katie @ DailyLife
Joelle @ Homeschooling for His Glory
Kim @ Homestead Acres
Melissa @ Mom's Plans
Annette @ A Net In Time
What are some of your favourite Charlotte Mason inspired bloggers to follow ? I'd love to add them to my list.