The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- Understanding numbers and place value is starting to fall into place with Sir N.
- Our home phone died this week and we handed it to Sir N to take apart. He loved looking inside and using his Dads tools to try and take the bits and pieces off. He enjoyed discovering circuit boards.
- We watched Miracle on 34th Street. The original 1947 version in black and white.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I have been thinking about why as home school Mums we become so weary and why we constantly feel inadequate. I had the privilege of guest posting about this at Princess Warrior Lessons.
I am inspired by…
- The new friends I am finding in the blogging world who write inspiring, challenging and encouraging blog posts.
- This week we have been visiting my mom each day to make sure she is alright. She is recovering from surgery. Please continue to pray for her recovery with me.
- Monday we had our last CHEF (Christian Home Educating Families) get together for the year.
- Wednesday found us blessed with dinner at my husbands end of year / Christmas work dinner.
- Today we have the last swimming lesson for this year.
- Today we are visiting a friend and completing the paper mache mask we started at her place two weeks ago. (photo's / tutorial to come)
- Seeing my husbands delight at the arrival of his new fly fishing rod. This is something that has been on his hearts desire list for the last twenty years.
|Hardy Marksman II 7' 3 weight Fly Rod.|
- Trying to do regular days of school during the Advent season. Sigh. Experience should have taught me by now. Every year I try this and you would think after 14 years I would know better.
Questions/thoughts I have…
- My thoughts this week have been about my blog. I really enjoy posting, sharing, discovering new blogs, being fed intellectually and spiritually.
- My pondering has been on the content of my blog. I love to encourage and discuss things and I am passionate about homeschooling and being a mother. I started this blog as a way of documenting / sharing my homeschool journey with Sir N BUT I want more. More depth. So I have been thinking about the content of my little space and what I want to do with it.
Things I’m working on…
- Structuring my day and week. Strictly speaking I love a flexible routine but a routine non the less so that I and my children know what is happening and we all feel safer.
- Normal is so boring - combating homeschooling burnout
- When Mothers Don't play nice.
- Should Christians celebrate Christmas with a Christmas Tree with Santa?
- Surrounded by beauty
- 5 Books that changed who I am.
- Is that You Lord ?
- When I don't want to pray anymore ....
- Has your blog become an Idol
- Growing A Homemaking Blog (1): What Not To Do
- Growing a Home Making Blog (II)
- Growing a Homemaking Blog: Content cont'd
- I finally got around to making my ginger bread house gift. It was a thank you gift for a friend who helped us out this last year with lifts for my husband to work.
- I am planning to try a fruit cake recipe with gluten free flour :) If it works I will post it !
I’m grateful for…
- Family and friends who encourage and pray for me.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
God is responsible for the consequences of your obedience. You are responsible for the consequence of your disobedience