The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- Completed two Pinning it DOWN challenges. We made peg frogs and Firefighter Fingers.
- Started Abeka math again. It amazes me how much they forget if you go on holiday .... so we are working on re - remembering.
- Did a week of holiday swim program at Paul Saddler swim land.
- Made snow globes.
- Celebrated Australia Day by blogging .....
- My Biggest Homeschooling Mistake: Over-thinking Methods & Philosophies by Sarah over at Amongst lovely things.
- A reason Credentials shouldn't Concern Homeschoolers by Luke Holzmann from Sonlight
- The one Habit more Important than Quiet Time over at A Holy Experience.
- We watched The Secrets of Johnathan Sperry this is an excellent family movie that will encourage and impact you and your children for the Lord. Best of all it is based on a TRUE story and at the end of the movie you find out what happened to all the characters in the story.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- We had lunch with the ladies from the Art co-op we are a part of.
- The first CHEF (Christian Home Educating Families) meeting for the year started this week. It was great fellowship.
- Counting down the months, weeks and days
My favorite thing this week was…
- Watching Sir N remember the skills he had attained in swimming before the holidays during his week of swimming lessons at Paul Sadler Swimland and being awarded his Pink Certificate today!
- Trying to do my One Year Through The Word bible reading / blogging during the day. I have come to the conclusion I need to be up an hour before the rest of the household if I am going to have the time and more importantly quiet uninterrupted time to do it. I now have a few days I need to catch up. Who said you need 21 days to form a new habit ? It's not true !!
- How do you keep track of the memory work of your children ?
- Writing them on the Doorposts: Scripture in our Home by over at The Purposeful Mom. I love this idea and think I will try it with our memory work with Sir N.
- Thanks to Erin I discovered: Pinning it DOWN! Love this idea! Do you have a Pinterest ? If so you
NEEDhave to join Sarah and Pam who have started a Pinning it DOWN! challenge this year. The challenge is to take one of the ideas from Pinterest and DO IT, blog it and join in the linky! ♥♥♥♥ it. I Pinned it DOWN this week.
- A couple of Food posts, and a few DIY blog photo tutorials. (making scrolling button widgets, Favicon ??, Make your own grab my button, Working with HTML code)
- How to Sabotage Your Blog (and your life) by Amy over at Blogging with Amy. This post was so not what I was expecting.
- Freedomship Education: Notes & Thoughts by Sarah over at Amongst Lovely Things These are Sarah's notes from Andrew Pudewa's talk on Freedomship Education. Rather thought provoking.
- A (rather long) Homemaking Post by Sarah over at Amongst Lovely Things.
- The results of some interesting research conducted on students using Facebook: Friends Happy Pictures make you sad ?
- Do Other Blogs make you Jealous ? by KM Logan from Lessons from Ivy over at Raising Mighty Arrows. This spoke volumes to my heart:
"Envy, jealousy, coveting; whatever you want to call it, is sin and it will cripple your ministry. Besides, God doesn't just bless a blog through numbers…they only tell half the story."
- Snapper wrapped in bacon.
- Collecting Watermelon rind to make another batch of Watermelon Jam.
- Tuna Bake.
- Brown Onion Soup Potatoes
- Good wholesome DVDs that we can watch together as a family and that are appropriate for Sir N to watch with us. DVDs like: The Secrets of Johnathan Sperry, Original Heidi , The Way Home, The Prince and the Pauper, Pollyanna , Old Yeller, Little House on the Prairie series and The Book of Ruth.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next - Abraham Lincoln
This post is linking to:
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and The Homeschool Chick pop on over to read what other homeschool Moms are doing.