The Home school Mother’s Journal began as a single post on a Friday morning over at The Homeschool Chick, and turned into a link-up for homeschool mothers across the blog-O-sphere to share a piece of their journey with one another each week. The link party is open from Friday to Monday so join me in The Homeschool Journal and lets encourage one another on our homeschool journey.
In my life this week…
In our homeschool this week…
- We went to Science Works and had an absolute ball. It was so much fun. We went and had a good play around Perception Deception and are planning on going to see Explore-a-saurus next month.
- If you join the Facebook Little Kids Day In you can download a 2 for 1 voucher which entitles you to half price entry to Science Works & Explore-a-saurus on Monday 5th March 2011. Offer: 2 Adult Explore-a-saurus exhibition AND Scienceworks entry tickets for the price of 1 Adult entry to the Explore-a-saurus exhibition AND Scienceworks entry only. Save $18.
- We participated in a Not Back to School Blog Hop Aussie Style. This weeks topic was introducing our Children. It was fun and I am looking forward to next weeks blog hop.I have enjoyed meeting fellow Australian Homeschool Moms. If you are Australian, blog and Homeschool join in the fun.
- Candid Conversation with God by Erica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler. If you are weary and in need of some encouragement as a homeschool mom this one is one you need to keep in your favourites bar. Erica writes about her doubts and fears and what the Lord answered her through His Word.
- Tips for a smoother homeschool day over at Weird, Unsocialised Homeschoolers.
- The difference between an Abiding Mom and a Super Mom by Renee shared by Erica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler. Erica has made a beautiful sheet to print up and frame.
- Bethany Hamilton Soul Surfer.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- This week I am pleased to say was a quieter week for which I am pleased.
- Monday we joined a few friends and went to Science Works for the day.
- Tuesday we went to Pykes Creek Reservoir
- Wednesday we visited some friends for a play date
- Thursday some cousins came over for a play date
- Friday swimming lessons at Paul Sadler Swimland
- Saturday we are going to a strawberry farm to pick strawberries and then we are going to celebrate the twins birthdays !
- Counting down the months, weeks and days
My favorite thing this week was…
- Watching Sir N learning how to dive into the pool.
- Watching Soul Surfer. Excellent movie. Great family viewing. Especially watch the extra parts.
Here are some interesting links to and about Soul Surfer: Her personal site: Bethany Hamilton, Health and Fitness, Her Blog, Soul Surfer, Picture Gallery, About her foundation: Friends of Bethany.
- having our shelves organised. It's so much easier to find what we are looking for now :)
- I have been reading through Exodus and Numbers in the bible. I read in Numbers 10:1-10 how the Lord told them to make and use silver trumpets along with instructions on when to blow them. They were blown to call meetings, announce festivals, the start of a new month etc. At the end He says: They will serve as a reminder for you before your God: I am the LORD your God. Numbers 10:10
- This has me thinking what can I do that will help me and my family remember the Lord my God daily, monthly and annually ? What do you do in your home that serves as a reminder of the Lord your God in a special way?
- Valentines Day crafts with Sir N.
- 14 Fun Valentines Day ideas over at Enough Time. Some neat simple ideas to do that are inexpensive but mean a lot.
- I pinned it Down this week and made a Wipe Off Weekly Menu Planner. I am looking forward to using this in the week ahead.
- Unveiled the story of Tamar (Series: Lineage of Grace). The story of Tamar is but a few lines in Exodus but oh such a powerful story when you think about it.
- Exodus in the bible along with my Mom. I have learned so many many interesting things as I have been researching online the biblical events, customs and festivals of the Jewish people. This is our heritage that we have been grafted in to.
- Moses The Deliverer by Ellen Gunderson Traylor.
- Turkey legs for dinner.
- Home made apple crumble with apples Paul picked for me. Feeling very domesticated!
- Sara over at Saving for Someday who took the time to explain about blog giveaways and the law. I had been feeling rather put out by all these excellent blogs who have these rules posted at the bottom about their giveaways and they are only open to US residents. I can understand about postage but when a giveaway is an eBook why can't it be open worldwide ?? Thanks to Sara I have a better understanding.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
|Pykes Creek Reservoir Day Trip|
This post is linking to:
Home Grown Learners, Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers and The Homeschool Chick pop on over to read what other homeschool Moms are doing.