- Post these rules.
- Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
- Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
- Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
- Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
11 Random Facts about Me
- I'm six foot tall.
- I was blessed with two big babies [One was 4.185 kg (9 lb 2 oz) and the other was 4.42 kg (9 Lb 74 oz)]
- I don't wear makeup.
- I am not a shoe person. I like my sneakers in winter and my Piper Sandals for summer.
- I have worn the same style sandal for 27 years. I bought my last pair from Piper Sandals and will never use a different brand. The quality is the best I have ever found.
- I love the smell of percolated coffee but can't stand the taste!
- I have more than 4 000 books on my shelves. (No you don't need a personal library to homeschool that is my personal pet collect.)
- I got engaged at 18 I was married at 19
- My first born was born on my 21st birthday. Yes you read that right. We share a birthday and I'm still trying to convince him that it's mine because I got there first ;o)
- I am a South African, Kiwi import to Australia.... I was born in South Africa, migrated and naturalised to become a New Zealand citizen in 2001, and now I live in Australia.
- I like to watch rugby and enjoy the Tri-Nations even more because it doesn't matter who wins I am behind the winning team. (see point ten above).
- What’s your favorite verse or quote?
I have a few. Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. This is the one that is currently the edge of my learning curve.
- What’s your favorite family activity?
Reading a good book out loud.
- Favorite book?
Oh my this is a hard one I have a few. Homeschooling - A Charlotte Mason Companion, Christian novel - Mark of the Lion Trilogy
- Favorite room in the house? My office, I'm really enjoying blogging and learning the skills needed for this.
- If you could visit any place, where would you go and why?
I need to break the rules on this one and give two: I would love to go to Israel, and see the places that Jesus ministered. I would also love to go to Yellowstone National Park in the US. I did a project on the park in high school and ever since then I've wanted to see it in person.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A pilot. I would still love to get my Private Pilots Licence. Anyone out there willing to sponsor me ?
- Who or what inspires you?
I have a few authors who inspire me such as Karen Andreola, Sally Clarkson and Diana Waring. I am inspired and encouraged by many of my blog friends.
- How would you describe yourself in five words or less?
Homeschool Mom, Curious, Book-holic, Information Junky,
- Why did you start blogging?
To share resources with the wider homeschool community. I missed my friend in New Zealand who used to share all her treasures with me.
- How would you describe your style of homeschooling?
Eclectic Sonlighter. I love Sonlight but over time I have found a couple of other things I prefer using so for my spine I use Sonlight and then eclecticly fill in the rest.
- What’s one of the most important lessons you’ve ever learned?
Not to have concrete result expectations. To be patient and give it time.
- What are you reading at the moment ?
- What blogging advice would you give a new blogger ? (two tips)
- What is your idea of a perfect day ?
- Do you use a curriculum and if so which one ?
- How do you do it all and find time to blog ?
- What are your top three traits in a friend ?
- Do you use Pinterest ?(Please share your link)
- What are the top three home school blogs you visit ? (please link to them)
- Do you join in link up parties ? If so which ones ?
- Do you use Notebook pages ? If so where do you access yours from ?
- Do you do Nature Journaling ? If so have you blogged about your methods ?
- Vicky over at Creating with Wisdom
- Erin over at Seven Little Australians.
- Sarah over at Amongst Lovely Things
- Catherine over at Serenades and Solace.
- Deborah over at The Paper Maid.
- Chelle over at Last in Line.
- Rebecca over at Moms Mustard Seeds.
- Becca over at One Homeschool Journey.
- Lisa over at Home to 4 Kiddos
- Jenni over at Our Journey.
- Alyson over at Family Style School.
So far I have enjoyed reading posts from Susan and Jennifer.