Monday 31 December 2012

A Year of His Abundant Blessings

PhotobucketWhat an absolutely amazing year we have had.  We have experienced  a depth and breadth of blessing that I am still trying to wrap my mind around.

The year has been one that has given new meaning to the scripture Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do super abundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams] Ephesians 3:20-21 If you had told me two years ago that we would have done and experienced what we have this year I would have laughed at you.

We have seen over 7 000 km of Australian country side, experienced Hong Kong and rested in Southern Africa. My daughter graduated and my youngest started school. We have also enjoyed a Charlotte Mason approach in the 'science of Relationships' in our monthly Field trips ...

This year was a special year in my husbands family as his parents celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary.  We desperately wanted to fly to South Africa and be a part of the moment but financially this just was not doable.  In His grace and in His unique way He blessed us with finance and we were able to book tickets to go.

In South Africa we ...
Some of the things we did on our trip in April and May
We saw four countries in two days!
In our Homeschool we...
I have been encouraged in my homeschool journey as I joined our local Mom's homeschool support group who have been working their way through A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karon Andreola.
One of the things often spoken about is creating opportunities for our children to explore the community around them and form a 'science of relatations'. I have seen Sir N flourish with this trips and here are some that we have enjoyed this year:
In Australia we...
November was a month of exploring Australia and witnessing a Total Solar eclipse.
We traveled over 7 300 km (4 500 Miles) and experienced many more things which I will be blogging about in the new year.

Personally I have ... 

And on this blog ...
My top posts have been
  1. Tuesdays Treasures - Nature Journaling
  2. 12 Days of Christmas
  3. Tuesdays Treasures - Olympics 2012
  4. Pencils
  5. Tuesdays Treasures Look Alikes
  6. Pinning it Down - Snow Globes
Top Search Keywords
  1. 12 Days of Christmas
  2. Zoo Delight
  3. Help me be good books
  4. Gingerbread House Tutorials
  5. File Folder Fun
  6. Fireman Crafts

It still leaves me breathless when I think of all the wonderful things we have accomplished this past year. Being a single income family these things would not normally be a possibility for our family.  It's been amazing watching how the Lord has opened doors for us to accomplish these things.  I wonder what He has in store for me in the new year ?

So what have you been doing in the last year that has kept you saying thank you ??

Blessings

This post is part of a Schoolhouse Review Crew Cruise.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year you and your family have had, friend! Happy New Year! May God bless you and your family abundantly in 2013! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa I'm still blown away by my year. Happy New Year to you and your family too :)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the crew to say hi and follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love seeing all that you have done this year. Have a wonderful new year! Stopping by from the Crew to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen :) Blessings of the new year to you and your family too :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sharon it was truly amazing :) and the more I think about it the more amazing it becomes :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your family too :)

      Delete
  6. What a great year! Wishing you blessings in 2013! Following from the crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great year. Blessings for 2013 to you too :) Welcome to my blog.

      Delete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥