I also fell off the radar as as I have been familiarizing myself with TOS crew protocol and getting to know my crew mates for this year.
|Sunset at Werribee Open Range Zoo last night|
- Our tickets arrived for the stage production Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. So looking forward to this in the new year.
- We attended a few cultural things this week.
- We did a Pinterest inspired craft - Printable Nativity for kids DIY (our take to be posted on Sunday)
- Continued reading Jotham's Journey
- Made a Christmas tree for Miss J who is flatting and doesn't have one.
- We went to Melbourne city and explored the Christmas decorations.
- Spent a delightful afternoon exploring the Melbourne Museum.
- Went to Werribee Open Range Zoo for a special presentation. More on this in January ...
- Five in a Row just launched their new website.
If you subscribe to their blog feeds thru email, they are giving away ALL of their Fold N Learn lapbooks.
There are 46 total Fold N Learns for holidays, volumes 1-4, and Before.
- I discovered A Thomas Jefferson Education this week and have had a delightful time poking around their website and blog. A couple of wonderful posts to keep you encouraged and well resourced are
What's Math Got to do with it ?
Living Math - By Jimmie Excellent resources and encouragement from a Charlotte Mason perspective.
Math Classics for Kids
Classics for Young Readers
Classics for Young Children and Family Reading
- The Schoolhouse Review crew is hosting a 12 Days of Christmas giveaway!
- I feel so blessed and encouraged after reading Renata's post on Why ? in the wake of the Sandy Hook Tragedy last week.
- The gift of artistic creativity that the Lord has placed in so many people.
- The hearts of those who are making an effort to help the Sandy Hook Students when they return to school in January. The PTSA have decided they would like to give the new building a make over and create a Winter Wonderland with Snowflakes. Head on over to Angels of Heart to read more about it and how you can make and send snowflakes to help with this project.
- All Things Beautiful is hosting a Snowflakes for Newton Link up for the next month.
- We went to an end of year ballet production with the T Family
- On Sunday evening Paul joined us and we went to watch Pirates: The Search for Christmas Treasure.
- On Tuesday we went to Melbourne city to look at the Myer Christmas windows and explore the wonders of the Melbourne Museum.
- Wednesday we had three families come over to watch the DVD of Pirates: The Search for Christmas Treasure followed by a trip to find some Christmas lights.
- Thursday we spent an evening at Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Friday we had some friends over for a play date while their Mom went to the Dr
- I had a few but my all time favourite thing was watching Pirates: The search for Christmas Treasure stage production with Sir N and Paul over at Southwest Christian Church.
- Losing my photo's from the last six months due to not backing up my hard drive since before we went to South Africa. Sigh tears......
- What software do you use to back up your PC ?
- Learning about my new position on the Schoolhouse Review crew and getting to know my crew mates
- Organizing Christmas lunch which I am hosting this year.
- Searching eBay for a new lens for my D-SLR camera. I read about a lens that is 18-135mm. My current everyday lens is 18-55mm and could really use the extra 80 mm....
- Catching up on my blog.
- Still plugging my way through Teaching the Trivium (although I have not read any of it this week due to too many interesting things on the Internet!
- I'm listening to some excellent videos over at A Thomas Jefferson Education.
- Back to School Shopping over at TJE. Interesting insights.
- RSA Animate: The Truth About Dishonesty.
- A Dickens of a Christmas over at Moments with Mother Culture
- Lieterary Archaeology over at Under the Sky
- Nothing new..
I’m grateful for…
- My children who are safely with me.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This is an edited version of a 55 min lecture. The full YouTube clip is available at RSA Sir Ken Robinson. There is also a PDF version of this graphic available over at Cognitive Media.
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers - Weekly Wrap Up
iHomeschool - Homeschool Mothers Journal
Hammock Tracks - It's a Wrap
Homegrown Learners - Collage Friday
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor