Friday 3 May 2013

HSMJ a week of discovery and art

In my life this week…
Well Monday I made the shocking (but not surprising if I'm totally honest) discovery that my scale numbers had gone in the wrong direction :'( and they made me cry.  The upside of this solum discovery is that with support from family I have embarked upon a weight loss journey once again. It's not easy and I need to do it for my well being.  I have been struggling with sever lower back pain which is impacting my quality of life quite dramatically.


In our home school this week…
  • We have been working our way through The Story of the World Volume 1
  • We spent the day at Science Works exploring their Mega Watt display.  It was loads of fun. 
  • We used See the Light art program this week and had a lot of fun.
        Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
              I am inspired by…
              Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
              • Kelly Sports
              • Science Works - Mega Watt display
              • Tennis
              My favorite thing this week was…
              • Corrolating my thoughts on Field Trips.
              • Reading what my friend Susan from Homeschooling Hearts and Minds has planned for the month of May. . . I will be joining her at 6 AM EST USA on Wednesdays.


              What’s working/not working for us…
              • Quitting my gym membership and sleeping in in the morning.  I'm more of a night owl.

              Questions/thoughts I have…
              • If you could choose a topic for me to write about on here for five days what would it be ?
              Things I’m working on…
              • Conquering CLUTTER!
              • Planning some day trips to Science Works.  This week we went to see the Mega Watt exhibition but it was so busy and noisy so we've decided to plan on going on the Little Kids' Day In days in the future
              On My Bedside Table ...
              In Bloggy world I’m reading…
              I’m cooking…
              On Pinterest I found...

              I’m grateful for…
              • The encouragement and the wisdom that I have found while reading the Parenting Handbook

              A photo, video, link, or quote to share…




              Blessings



              Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

              4 comments:

              1. I'm sorry to hear about our back pain. I hope you find a way to get some relief.

                ReplyDelete
              2. I hope you weight loss journey is going well. We are working on health around here too. What a busy week. THanks for sharing it with us.
                BLessings, Dawn

                ReplyDelete
              3. Enjoyed reading here today and I really like your blog header. Have a wonderful weekend! visiting from iHomeschool. We're night owls here too and start school around 10:00 AM.

                ReplyDelete
              4. Have you started juicing or making smoothies? The greener they are the more disgusting they taste, BUT they are the BEST ones to keep you filled up and running.

                I'm supposed to be watching what I eat too { slowly put on some weight over the last 6 months } - but I can't seem to get on the band wagon at this time of my life.

                Sorry to hear about your back.

                ReplyDelete

              I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥