I have been home educating for 15 years and really love quality literature with a Wholehearted Child / Charlotte Mason Approach. This year life has become rather busy and as much as I would like to put together my own curriculum I find I just do not have the energy to pull through so I am using a Sonlight Core B as my spine with a few eclectic things added in.
Our Year Ahead
- Explode the Code Book 2 and Book 3
- Spelling Workout A by Modern Curriculum Press.
- We are doing copywork from Favorite Poems of Childhood.
- Poetry: Favorite Poems of Childhood
- A Reason for Writing Book A
- I Can Read It! Book 1
- I Can Read It! Book 2
- I Can Read It! Book 3
- Put Me in the Zoo
- Little Bear
- A Fly Went By
- The Cat in the Hat
- Green Eggs and Ham
- A Big Ball of String
- The Bravest Dog Ever
- The Best Trick
- Charlotte's Web
- Henry Huggins
- Gooney Bird Greene
- The Wheel on the School
- The Year of Miss Agnes
- Homer Price
- Greek Myths for Young Children
- Mr. Popper's Penguins
- Mountain Born
- Understood Betsy
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle
- Detectives in Togas
- Little Pear
- Owls in the Family
- The Case of the Gasping Garbage
- It Could Always Be Worse
History / Geography
- The Usborne Time Traveler
- Tut's Mummy Lost & Found
- Houses and Homes
- Peoples of the World
- George Muller
- Archaeologists Dig For Clues
- The Greek News
- The Great Wall of China
- Roman Diary
- The Usborne Book of World History
- A Child's History of the World
- The Geography Book
- We will continue on occasion with Expedition Earth
- Pasteur's Fight Against Microbes
- Discover & Do Level 1 DVD
- First Encyclopedia of the Human Body
- See How It's Made
- What Makes You Ill?
- Science Activities, Vol. 1
- The Magic School Bus at the Waterworks
- Why Do People Eat?
- The Usborne World Of Animals
- Night Animals
- Science Activity/Notebooking Pages
- We will play with Pattern Blocks and work our way through Patternables and Pattern Block Cards.
- Exploring Arithmetic 3 by Rod and Staff.
- CalcuLadder 1 and 2 These are part of the Learning Vitamins series. I love these math drill work packs.
- For our devotional we will be reading through Leading Little Ones to God by Marian M. Schoolland.
- Listening to Sing the Word: A New Commandment, Hide 'Em in your heart Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Steve Green.
- Praying through Akebu to Zapotec
- Reading Missionary Stories with the Millers
- Studying God's Word Book C and Book B
- Music Appreciation: SQUILT Vol 1 Baroque Era (Super Quiet UnInterrupted Listening Time) This is a digital product written by Mary from Homegrown Learners and covers ten pieces of music along with notebooking pages, musical term definition and musical history.
- I will be using The World's Greatest Composers by Confessions of a Homeschooler.
- The Classical Kids Collection Vol 1 & 2. These are produced by The Children's Group and cover the lives of eight famous composers.
- Classical Composers Monthly as a supplement to whichever composer we are studying.
- We will continue with The World's Greatest Artists Vol 1 in which we will cover eight artists. We have already studied Monet and will continue and learn about the other seven artists in the unit.
- We did Shipwrecked earlier in the year and really enjoyed it so we will work our way through Bible Stories by See the Light
- Bernadette over at Barefoot Hippie Girl: Radical Changes
- Julie from Highhill Homeschool: Curriculum 2013-2014
- Savannah from Hammock Tracks shares New Curriculum - A Grammar Year
- Lucinda over at Navigating by Joy Making Up Our Homeschool Curriculum
- Nicole over at One Magnificent Obsession : Somethings Old, Somethings New: Curriculum Edition