My mom discovered a book written about the life of my great great great great grandparents. I have ordered a copy and am looking forward to reading it.
I'm still trying to get my act together and join The Pebble Pond Beauty Captured challenge ... I was extremely frustrated about a photography course that was touted as being Free turned out to be an advertisement to sign up after the first week...
In our home school this week…
- This was week four of our five week cycle. Sir N was sick for three out of the five days. So we will do a light school week next week to make up for what we missed this week even though it's supposed to be our holiday week.
- We are enjoying Charlottes Web and Seed Sowers Gospel Planting Adventures
- Science this week was a blast. We went across town (an hour and a half drive one way) to play in a highschool science lab!
- We had heaps of fun making and playing with HexaFlexagons
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
- Beware the "Expert" over at HEDUA
- FREE & Cheap Bible Study Tools for Kids over at Ben and ME
- Murrayshire Academy has the most amazing FREE printables/Schedules/Resources list
- 1777 New England Primer Cursive Printable Alphabet set over at Growing Home
- 1777 New England Primer Manuscript Printable Alphabet set
- The Shorter Word Timeline of Western Civilization over at The Shorter Word
- The Paper Train Station over at The Paper Maid. Deborah has found and is building a beautiful paper model train station. Pop on over to see more
- The Homeschooling Critic Who has decided to Homeschool over at Visionary Womanhood
- Read about The Seven Wonders of the World book over at Homeschool Coffee Break
- How to use Scrapbooking for the Reluctant Writer over at Aussie Homeschool
- For the One who Married Young over at Addie Zierman I loved this post.
- The Joy and Profit of Reading Aloud over at Visionary Womanhood
- Heart-rending’: Young Slovakian sculptor captures post-abortion pain, mercy and forgiveness
- This is a great speech Ashton Kutcher Reveals His First Name at Teen Choice Awards.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- We travelled across town to go to a science class and played with milk, water and soap to explore the properties of surface tension.
- Spent the evening in Docklands and went to see the Docklands Fireworks. Boy was it cold out there!
- A birthday party and a mini trip to the zoo
- Was finding two great websites that help to make widgets. If you are looking for a grab my button code generator go to: Grab My Button Code Generator and to create a Google+ Button go to Widgets Plus
- Reading 10 Clues That You Might Be a Homeschool Kid
- The Surprising Benefit of Having Siblings over at Yahoo! Shine
- Gosh I feel so annoyed with scare / bully tactics have you seen this Labor to cut tax benefit for parents who don't immunise children and what are your thoughts ?
- I was deeply saddened and grieved when I stumbled upon this article Twenty weeks pregnant with twins, but last week she had an abortion
Questions/thoughts I have…
- How on earth do you use Google+ ? I finally found a way to add a widget with my Google+ account to this blog BUT I realised that for some reason my stuff is not public :( Please can you tell me how to use it or where I can find a good tutorial for my tired brain ...
Things I’m working on…
- Applying for positions to review some new products on the Schoolhouse Review Crew.
On My Bedside Table ...
- I've been reading instruction manuals to use a DSLR camera
- Want to be encouraged ? Read 3 Things I Wish I Knew Before We Got Married
- How a single income family can afford a whole-food diet over at Growing Home
- 10 Healthy Snacks Children Love
- 16 Veggies You can re-grow from kitchen scraps over at herbs info
- 5 Cliches you should NEVER say to someone who is grieving. This struck a chord with me. I think this pretty much applies to any woman who has lost a pregnancy too.
- This YouTube clip made me cry. My heart went out to this man. The Most Honest And Heartbreaking Reason To Leave Your Front Door Unlocked I've Ever Heard
- Very interresting read about the affects of crop spraying Scientists discover what’s killing the bees and it’s worse than you thought
- This is a great list and interesting point of view over at Relevant 11 Questions Every Twentysomething Should Ask
- .Terminally Ill Bride Given Dream Wedding a $50,000 gift
- I am constantly amazed at what people do What an amazing transformation for your old cot.
- Over at Growing Home Infertility and Hormones: Is there a Connection?
- I'm An Outcast over at The Focused Homemaker.
- Three Things You Don't Know about Your Children and Sex over at Anne Marie Miller.
- The Joy and Profit of Reading Aloud
- same old same old ...
On Pinterest I found...
- YouTube Video's for Vol 1 The Mystery of History
I’m grateful for…
- Saints who are faithful prayer warriors and pray for me diligently
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor