- Format: Paper back
- Number of Pages:96 pages
- Publisher: Dover Publications Inc.
- Publication Date:01 February 1993
- ISBN 10: 0486270890
- ISBN 13:9780486270890
- Edited by:Philip Smith
- Illustrator: Harriet Golden
Contains poems such as:
- Lewis Carroll's "The Walrus and the Carpenter, "
- Edward Lear's "The Owl and the Pussy-cat, "
- Eugene Field's "Dutch Lullaby" ("Wynken, Blynken, and Nod"),
- Emily Dickinson's "I'm Nobody! Who are you?, "
- William Blake's "The Tyger, "
- Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Swing, " and many more.
It's a small book with a few illustrations sprinkled through out. If you are starting out with poetry with primary aged students I encourage you to start with this one. The poems are beautiful. It's not complicated simply read a poem or two a week and enjoy the words together.
What is your favorite poetry resource ?
Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures. I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!
There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library. Grab the button for your post and add a link to your post below. I would love to read about your treasures.