I'm really struggling to find my rythm with the new day for this linky each week. There has been a lot going on in my world. I'm looking forward to rediscovering my rhythm ...
In our home school this week…
- We've enjoyed some great time reading our books from Sonlight. We finished Charlotte's Web .
- This week we had some struggles with Math. It was good because I realized that Sir N needs some more practice with his math facts.
- Science has been fun too. We are enjoying learning about the different animals found on different continents around the world in The Usborne World Of Animals . We are exploring North America this week.
- See How It's Made has been interesting too. I learned what a 'penny lick' was and together we learned about ice cream production etc.
- Sir N enjoyed creating an entry for the Lego Challenge this week.
- Have you seen the 50 Must Read Homeschooling Mom's blogs over at Homeschooling for Free ?
- I would like to invite you all to join in with a weekly art meme in sharing the artistic pursuits of your families. This one is not necessarily a how to post each week but rather a show and tell photo post of an art project your children have done.
- For my northern hemisphere friends who are going into Autumn. Have you seen this neat bowl you can make from autumn leaves ? It's a beautiful easy craft project. Pop on over to Hello Lucky for an easy step by step tutorial.
- For those of you who have children who enjoy Minecraft and would like to add in a touch of school to the game. Minecraft Homeschool are busy enrolling at the moment. 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
- What Shakespeare Plays Originally Sounded Like a fantastic look at Shakespeare and English pronunciation.
- Are you after some fun in your homeschool ? The HomeScholar has a great post from 2009 called Homeschool Mom Universal Translator (HMUT)
- For those of you with LEGO mad children The Canadian Homeschooler has restarted their Lego challenge series. This months theme is Where you live.
- Couple's Appreciation Journal - A New Marriage Tradition.
- I Didn't Love My Wife When We Got Marriedover at PopChassid. A beautiful read about the beauty of marriage and love.
- Former Kansas Singer’s Amazing Music Video Shows His Adopted Daughter Surviving Abortion
- This week I was super blessed with two tickets to Tribute to the Empress presented by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.
- This week marked the end of school term three and the last week of tennis and Kelly Sports. It's been great watching the children learn new skills.
- I'm so excited for my sister and brother in law who immigrated over to Australia in February this year. They move into their first rental home tomorrow.
- Seeing these 10 Simple Holiday Candle Projects
- Getting up early to watch The America's Cup yaught race.Looking forward to watching Team New Zealand race tomorrow.
- We would like to learn French. What program do you recommend for young primary school age students ?
- Did you know it's 14 weeks till the season to be Merry ? Have you seen Home Organization 101: Week 1 “The Kitchen” over at A Bowl full of Lemons ?
- The Trim Healthy Mama PDF version
- International Bedroom Poll Reveals How The U.S. Stacks Up When It Comes To Sleep interesting write up on sleep habits around the world.
- 21 Healthier Trail Mix Recipes to Make Yourself
- The Surprising Science Behind Sleep And Exercise
- How I lost 5″ off my waist without doing crunches (and why you might have a pooch you can’t get rid of)
- I watched a YouTube clip on An Introduction to High-Magnification Macro Photography I am always super amazed at the detail God has placed in the smallest of things.
- Is life too easy on our kids?
- Will there be justice in 14-year-old rape victim’s case? What was this judge thinking ? The girl committed suicide over this!!! Yikes
- Miracle baby's parents: She's doing 'amazing' after doctors said she'd die this is the first baby to be born with Potters Syndrome and survive.
- Why I Quit Stevia over at Empowered Sustenance
- I really enjoyed this blog post Your Ancestors Didn’t Sleep Like You
- Nothing this week. My sister has blessed me with meals every night :)
- Beth -Unskinny Boppy- 6700 pins
- Mindy from Creating Naturally
- Home Education by Katie Hornor
- Our 2014 Speaker Blog Posts by Titus 2:1 Conference.
- 30 Must Follow Homeschoolers by iHomeschool Network
- The internet and The Schoolhouse Review Crew and the opportunities they have presented me over the last year.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor