Friday 20 September 2013

HSMJ - An invitation to you ...

In my life this week…
I'm really struggling to find my rythm with the new day for this linky each week.  There has been a lot going on in my world. I'm looking forward to rediscovering my rhythm ...

In our home school this week…
  • We've enjoyed some great time reading our books from Sonlight. We finished Charlotte's Web .
  • This week we had some struggles with Math.  It was good because I realized that Sir N needs some more practice with his math facts.
  • Science has been fun too. We are enjoying learning about the different animals found on different continents around the world in The Usborne World Of Animals .  We are exploring North America this week.
  • See How It's Made has been interesting too.  I learned what a 'penny lick' was and together we learned about ice cream production etc.
  • Sir N enjoyed creating an entry for the Lego Challenge this week.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • Have you seen the 50 Must Read Homeschooling Mom's blogs over at Homeschooling for Free ?
  • Virtual Fridge Link Up
  • I would like to invite you all to join in with a weekly art meme in sharing the artistic pursuits of your families.   This one is not necessarily a how to post each week but rather a show and tell photo post of an art project your children have done. 
  • For my northern hemisphere friends who are going into Autumn.  Have you seen this neat bowl you can make from autumn leaves ?  It's a beautiful easy craft project.  Pop on over to Hello Lucky for an easy step by step tutorial.
  • For those of you who have children who enjoy Minecraft and would like to add in a touch of school to the game.  Minecraft Homeschool are busy enrolling at the moment.  7 Wonders of the Ancient World
  • What Shakespeare Plays Originally Sounded Like a fantastic look at Shakespeare and English pronunciation.
  • Are you after some fun in your homeschool ? The HomeScholar has a great post from 2009 called Homeschool Mom Universal Translator (HMUT)
  • For those of you with LEGO mad children The Canadian Homeschooler has restarted their Lego challenge series. This months theme is Where you live.
I am inspired by…

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • This week I was super blessed with two tickets to Tribute to the Empress presented by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. 
  • This week marked the end of school term three and the last week of tennis and Kelly Sports.  It's been great watching the children learn new skills.
My favorite thing this week was…
  • I'm so excited for my sister and brother in law who immigrated over to Australia in February this year.  They move into their first rental home tomorrow. 
  • Seeing these 10 Simple Holiday Candle Projects
What’s working/not working for us…
Questions/thoughts I have…
  • We would like to learn French.  What program do you recommend for young primary school age students ?
Things I’m working on…
On My Bedside Table ...
  • The Trim Healthy Mama PDF version
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
  • Nothing this week.  My sister has blessed me with meals every night :)
On Pinterest I found...
I’m grateful for…
  • The internet and The Schoolhouse Review Crew and the opportunities they have presented me over the last year.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



Blessings

Chareen


Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

7 comments:

  1. Chloe wants to do French too - but I'm holding off at the moment because I haven't found anything at the lower primary level that I thought might work for us.

    I have thought about Memoria Press { they do a French course } but it's geared for a little older. { 6th grade from memory }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find some a program for primary aged students please let me know :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week - I like your list of homeschooling helps to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Enjoy exploring the links and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Woohoo. Looks like you are just a bit ahead of me in Sonlight B. I love it. The kids, too! I was part of the Trim Healthy Mama group on FB but got off. I never really understood how it worked -- maybe I just wasn't ready to lose the last few pounds. Its quite popular. Have you tried that drink...what was it Oblong Tea of sorts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) A little but not much. Sometimes we take detours but over all we have fun. I like the rythem.

      My mom is going to try the Shrinker made with Ooolong tea :( not my thing.

      I have a few pounds to loose so hope this will help !

      Delete
  4. Lots of great links - thanks!

    Charlotte's Web is one of our favorite read alouds.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥