Sunday 8 September 2013

{MADE} Creativity & Freedom - Anna Tapp

The art of drawing is not my strength and I fear not being able to get it perfect ... However it's so apt for me that MADE began on the first Monday of Spring here. My current expression of art is photography. This is how my week began through the lens last Monday.
 

It's actually the end of week one and I've only just managed to watch the first course video.  Anna shared this week with us about the Freedom we have as the Children of God in our Creativity.

There is no predicting the places to which you will travel, once you let go of doubt and start walking forward in freedom. - Anna Tapp

Highlights
  • Art is not just about perfection it's about expression.  I've never really thought about that.  I have been too afraid to create because I want perfection on the page.  
  • Each of us is meant to display a facet of God’s being. Yes I tend to forget that. In order to accomplish that I need to turn back to Him and allow Him to set me free from the chains that bind me.
  • Personal freedom needs to start with the creative being accepting who they are, and what they have to share
  • We were meant to be conduits for a creative God What me creative ? Oh yes I forgot I'm made in the image of a Creator
  • You are a beautiful, unique vessel of God’s glory.
  • My destination may never be what I picture when I first start walking, but that doesn’t mean I'm traveling the wrong way. These words were like life giving water to my thirsty soul today. One day I will blog about it ...
  • To believe (not just long for, but really believe) that my interests are important and valid 
  • Creative freedom can be a prideful endeavor, or it can be an open exercise of following the Spirit. Thank you Anna for putting this out there.  I struggle in this area so much ...
Connect with Anna
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” Revelation 21:1-4


The first week has been so good for me.  I am amazed at the perfect timing of the course content it's perfect for where I am at spiritually.  I am blown away by the word in due season spoken to my heart.  I encourage you to join MADE.  There are over 170 people sharing the journey and it's not too late for you to embark on 16 weeks of exploring God - centered creativity. For those of you not wanting to do the course but connect with Christian creatives have a look at Epiphany Art Forums

Blessings
Chareen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are finding creative freedom in Made. We are blessed to have you there. Your page is simply wonderful. It is a really crazy thing to be led to write something that touches people. Still trying to wrap my brain around it, because I feel like it all comes from what we've been given from above. It is so nice to meet you and see your creative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious in the eyes of the Lord. You creative in so many ways. God has used you as an instrument, an instrument in using your pen to paper in words that are very expressional. You have this gift, a beautiful gift from the Lord to allow people to be drawn into your writing of explaining who the Lord is and why you serve Him. May His word be a continual lamp to your path and a light to your feet.
    Love you my child.
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥