Friday 11 October 2013

HSMJ - The highlight of this week is ...

In my life this week…
I found out that one of Paul's photographs has been selected to be printed and put on display at Michaels Camera Store in Melbourne.
I have also enjoyed collecting cards to make up packs of cards from the Woolworths Aussie Animals.  If you are in need of a card join the Facebook Group Woolworths Aussie Animal Card Swop There are a wonderful bunch of ladies on there willing to post out cards to people who need them. If you want an album you can now print the pages from the Woolworths site.
Please pray for a baby boy called Benjamin.  He is a few months old and had open heart surgery today to repair his heart. 
The highlight of this week is having my friend come to stay for two nights.  She was my first neighbor in New Zealand and we've been friends for 15 years.  It's going to be so good to catch up :)

In our home school this week…
  • Paul finished reading The Twenty-One Balloons to Sir N.  I loved listening to the way he giggled in all the fun parts and I have enjoyed the imagination this book has sparked in my son.  They have now embarked on another Spindles journey and are reading the first book in the series: Spindles of the Dusty Range
  • We are really enjoying Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle although I was a little taken aback by the mention of witches in the first chapter there is clearly no witch craft in this book and it's just good fun helping children to take ownership of their own behavior and make right choices.
  • Sir N is enjoying The Usborne Time Traveler discovering the ways of Ancient Egypt.  So far I'm impressed with A Child's History of the World.
  • I've enjoyed listening to Sir N read I Can Read It! Book 2this week.  He has definitely turned a corner and it's becoming easier for him to read out loud.  He is even attempting to read signs and packages by himself with more confidence.  
  • As for math we have now reached double digit addition with carrying in Exploring Arithmetic 3.  It's been an interesting week but am really grateful for the manipulative resources I do have to help.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I am inspired by…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Term four has started and this week we were back at Tennis and Kelly Sports.  
  • Sir N's cousin came over for a play date on Friday
  • It was my friends birthday on Monday and we spent the afternoon with the home school support group exploring Point Cook Coastal Reserve.
My favourite thing this week was…
  • Counting down the days till my friend arrived from QLD for a visit :)
What’s working/not working for us…
  • Reading the Homeschool Mom's Bible If you are a homeschool Mom take some time to have a look at this devotional.
Things I’m working on…

In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…
  • What ever I can find in our freezer.  I'm trying to run the stock low so I can spring clean.
I’m grateful for…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Blessings

Chareen


Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥