I'm rather excited! This coming week we will be getting to use Veritas Grammar School Self-paced History. We shall be doing Old Testament and Ancient Egypt history. You can view samples of this curriculum over at Grammar School History - Self Paced Course Samples -
In our home school this week…
- Three days exploring the great outdoors of western Victoria here in Australia.
- Started teaching Sir N how to Tangle.
- Listened to Sir Handel from Maestro Classics.
- Organised our Logic of English products in a box.
- We completed our first still life drawing with Graham Braddock
- Explored more ancient history.
- Susan over at Homeschooling Hearts and Minds has some great Homeschool Deals and Steals 5/8
- If you have children studying art then take a look at this 271 Years Before Pantone, an Artist Mixed and Described Every Color Imaginable in an 800-Page Book
- The World as 100 People info graphic
If there were only 100 people:
50 are female, 50 are male.
26 of these are children
8 people are aged 65 and older.
60 people are Asian, 15 African, 14 people are from the Americas and 11 individuals come from Europe.
5 of us speak English and 5 speak Spanish. Arabic, Hindi, Bengali and Portuguese all have 3 fluent speakers each. 12 speak Chinese, whilst 62 speak other languages.
83 are literate,
77 people have shelter,
87 have access to safe water,
15 are undernourished and 21 are overweight.
33 of us would be Christians, 22 Muslims, 14 Hindus, 7 Buddhists. 12 people would practice other religions and 12 people would not be involved in any religion.
- Today I choose Freedom by Diana Waring.
- Love this crayon picture. Each crayon has it's chemical name that will make the colour.
- Notebooking Pages is having a sale. This is a great price. I paid nearly twice this last year for my membership.
- Paul and Sir N went to explore Forrest near the Ottways in Victoria. They enjoyed the peaceful surrounds of In the Long Grass and Sir N and two friends spent a delightful three days exploring the wonders of nature.
- Music and art lessons
- Being blessed with three days all to myself !
- So very inspirational. This is a dance by a couple on YouTube. She lost her right arm at 19 and he lost his left leg at 4. We have so much to be grateful for.
- This poem is thought provoking, I shared earlier this week by Gary Turk. Look Up
- Eric the homeless man gets a new home for a year. Love it ♥
- Love this photo essay seeing what this man does with other people's garbage in order to bless the homeless Amazing!
- Some days I really wonder how people can sleep with the choices they make especially the ones that are directly affecting the lives of others. Here is an interesting article on the Justina Pelletier case this week. Justina Pelletier and the Harvard Web of Empire
- B is for Bountiful Blessings ...
- Sharing about a new book I have The Solar System
- Learning to Zentangle.
- A review of our Maestro Classics CD's we really enjoyed these two CD's
- Couple share their House on a Trailer. Looks fabulous and very well planned.
- Sad that this is the direction schools are taking What Happens When One Parent Speaks Out at a School Board Meeting About a Controversial Book Assigned to His Daughter
- No words needed to appreciate the work of hero's like these Firefighters
- David Thibault is just 16 years old but he sounds just like Elvis Presley. Amazing. He sings beautifully. He is from Canada. He sings I will have a blue Christmas without You.
- Ukrainian Jews Ready for Mass Evacuation
- Chinese Girl Performs Amazing Inline Skating Dance Routine to MJ’s ‘Beat It’
- Australia's Piracy Crackdown Coming 'As Early As This Week': Three Strikes, Site Blocking On The Way
- The freedom I have to live and worship the Lord in this beautiful country I live in especially after reading this Pakistani Christian girl (7) gang-raped by four Muslim men; father kidnapped
- Please pray for this homeschool Mom Boy, 5, dies in Victorian caravan fire
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor