I have also enjoyed learning to draw tangles this week. Some have been a little bit of a challenge though.
In our home school this week…
- Sir N is currently wanting to know as much as possible about Dinosaurs so we watched a couple of YouTube clips on them.
- Drawing Dinosaurs
- We've been working on his time line book this week adding figures from Homeschool in the Woods.
- We've been enjoying Logic of English this week
- Recorder practice and lessons.
- Week two of DVD drawing class with Graham Braddock
- Continued our memorization of Philipians 28
- Watched some YouTube clips on Pirates
- We went to iMax and watched Great White Shark 3D
- Listened to Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel by Maestro Classics. Beautiful. We both enjoyed this immensely.
- We built a kaliedescope
- Made some THM chocolate. I like it but Sir N is not too impressed.
- Dinosaure Facts for Kids
- Introducing North Star Geography Curriculum For High School Students
- Marine Corps Nomads has a complete photo story of the Lunar Eclipse: Blood Moon April 2014
- Do you know how to do a comprehensive word study ? If not be sure to read A is for Attentive (a word study)
- Unit study on the Shipping industry using Seabird by H.C. Holling as thespine.
- These Incredible Salt Mines Are Like Another World Beneath Our Feet
- For those of you who have children interested in carpentry or carving this photo story is jaw dropping This Man Was Offered $17,000 For Just One Of These… And Refused. They’re Unbelievable.
- Beautifully written My Wife Has Tattoos: Marriage, New Birth, and the Gospel
- I was deeply touched by this letter “He Killed My Baby!” The Day I Lost My Daughter to the Culture of Death
- So good to read a positive story coming out of the Arkansas Tornado this week. Heroic Teen Saves Disabled Vets From Arkansas Tornado
- This one was so much fun to look through. It's a photostory of A113. Disney Has Been Hiding A Secret Right In Front Of Our Faces. If You’ve Never Noticed It, Here’s Proof.
- I've decided to take the plunge and take on Marcy's challenge and blog through the alphabet. This weeks starts with A is for answers to questions aplenty
- Come and join in this weeks blog hop and showcase what art your children have been doing. Virtual Fridge
- Sir N has been participating in the Lego Quest challenges. This month is the challenge is COLOUR
- We finished listening to The Brinkman Adventures Season 2 if you are looking for audio drama at it's best then I highly recommend this series.
- This weeks book treasure is Ice, Wind and Rock. Please come link up with your homeschool treasures.
- For the Poppins Book Nook last month the theme was transport. We did a unit study on the Shipping industry using Seabird by H.C. Holling as our spine.
- 10 Books That Have Comforted Me While Raising My Teen Daughter this list has inspired me to blow the dust off of the books on the list I own and actually READ them.
- I enjoyed looking over these 23 Awesome Things You Didn’t Learn In School. I finally got the answer to some of things I've always wanted to know.
- I must say I was a little speechless after seeing these 25 Historical Images That Normalize Breastfeeding the images range from 1700 - 1946.
- Loved seeing these peoples reactions to their interview for The World's Toughest Job.
- I was a little surprised by a couple of the destinations on this list but a few of them were not at all surprising 20 World’s Most Dangerous Vacation Destinations
- TOUCHING: Mom builds graveside sandbox so young son can play with brother
- Wow! 8 impossibly tiny newborns who beat the odds
- 33 British Slang Words and Phrases You’ll Want to Starting Using Regularly
- Teenager takes his great-grandmother to prom so special.
- This was eye opening but the thing that was more shocking was the response ... Doctor Threatens: Vaccinate Newborn Or Lose Custody
- How You Can Use These 10 Every Day Objects In Other Ways Is Genius
- My health and the health of my family. Please be in prayer for this homeschool Mama her name is Heather. And Things Were Going So Well
- That all my family are safe and sound after reading The Cheerleader. I don't think I could view life this way if I had just survived a tornado and my two children had not ... There is a Go Fund Me page raising funds to help this family.
- This encouragement this week from Ann Voskamp What You Need When You Don’t Know If You’d Have Kids All Over Again
The Citadel Physics Department Wave Pendulum is a little more visually interesting as you see the wave from the front with colour pool balls.
Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor