Sunday 4 May 2014

HSMJ of sharks, drawing class and pirates

In my life this week…
I read a really interesting article this week written by a wedding photographer.  I'm so glad I did this as I have a much deeper understanding of the difficulty facing these photographers by us amateur photographers and cellphone users at weddings.  Rather thought provoking I would encourage you to read and share this far and wide Guest Photographers or: Why You Should Have an Unplugged Wedding.
I have also enjoyed learning to draw tangles this week. Some have been a little bit of a challenge though.

In our home school this week…
  • Sir N is currently wanting to know as much as possible about Dinosaurs so we watched a couple of YouTube clips on them.  
  • Drawing Dinosaurs
  • We've been working on his time line book this week adding figures from Homeschool in the Woods.
  • We've been enjoying Logic of English this week
  • Recorder practice and lessons.  
  • Week two of DVD drawing class with Graham Braddock
  • Continued our memorization of Philipians 28
  • Watched some YouTube clips on Pirates  
  • We went to iMax and watched  Great White Shark 3D
  • Listened to Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel by Maestro Classics.  Beautiful.  We both enjoyed this immensely.
  • We built a kaliedescope
  • Made some THM chocolate.  I like it but Sir N is not too impressed.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
My favourite thing this week was…
Things I’m working on…
  • I've decided to take the plunge and take on Marcy's challenge and blog through the alphabet.  This weeks starts with A is for answers to questions aplenty
  • Come and join in this weeks blog hop and showcase what art your children have been doing.  Virtual Fridge
  • Sir N has been participating in the Lego Quest challenges.  This month is the challenge is COLOUR
  • We finished listening to The Brinkman Adventures Season 2 if you are looking for audio drama at it's best then I highly recommend this series.
  • This weeks book treasure is Ice, Wind and Rock.  Please come link up with your homeschool treasures.
  • For the Poppins Book Nook last month the theme was transport.  We did a unit study on the Shipping industry using Seabird by H.C. Holling as our spine.
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m grateful for…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Gosh I found this really ineterresting to watch.  It's a YouTube clip of pendulum waves.


The Citadel Physics Department Wave Pendulum is a little more visually interesting as you see the wave from the front with colour pool balls.

Blessings

Chareen

Homegrown Learners

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥