Saturday 18 July 2015

The Countdown has begun ... {HSMJ}


 In my life this week…
  • I'm contemplating what to write about on here.  It's nearly time for the annual back to school blog hop.  What would you like to hear about ?
  • Decided it's time to burn some pretty smelling candles.  In winter everything is always closed up and I was longing for something nice to smell.
  • We finished MI-5 Season 10.  So heartbreaking a finale. 
  • We are on the final countdown stretch until Nathaniel and I embark on a trip with my Dad and Brother to see Big Red in central Australia.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

In our home school this week…
  • We've been doing some Middle Ages traveling this week. We are loving creating notebooking pages with our Homeschool in the Woods pack.
  • Courtney over at Women Living Well is working through Proverbs this month.  Years ago with Jane and Timothy we used to read a chapter of Proverbs a day. We would read the chapter corresponding with the date.  I decided to start doing this with Nathaniel.  It's been really refreshing. 
  • Enjoyed Smiley Gets a Gun (1958). This movie is chock full of wonderful life lessons.
  •  Oliver (the 1968 musical version.)  We watched Oliver over two sittings in preparation for our theatre trip on Saturday.
  • Paul finished reading Five go to Mystery Moore.
  • Loved reading The Minstrel in the Tower by Gloria Skurzynski.  
  • Some of our delight directed learning took us to answer questions like:
    How does WIFI work?
    How does a touch screen work?
    How Safe is Your Password?
  • Take sometime to find BritLab on YouTube they have some excellent resources. 
  • Boys Brigade recommenced this week for term three. Nathaniel was awarded his first badge!
  • Did some mapping to compare the boundaries of Europe in 451AD and 528 AD
  • Nathaniel recommenced swimming lessons at the new indoor Aquatic center Aquapulse
  • We enjoyed Return to Nim's Island on Netflix Australia.
  • We are really enjoying digging into the book: Swords by By Ben Boos ISBN 978-0-7636-3148-2
  • Finished off our week watching the stage production Oliver! by our local christian High School at the local theater. 

My favourite thing this week was…
  • Getting back to Google+.  There are so many amazing resources shared there by fellow home schoolers.
 Things I’m working on…

 On the WWW I’m reading…
 I’m cooking…
  • I am not a menu planner but have decided I need to give it a go so this week I'm gathering inspiration from Darcie's Dishes
  • Really enjoyed making some Trim Healthy Mama fudge.  

 A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

We must teach our students to be both wise and humble as they attempt to separate truth from lies and persuasion from manipulation. ~ Leigh Bortins {The Conversation}


Blessings
Chareen


Connect with me
 Facebook Google+ Pinterest Instagram YouTube RSS Feed

Linking to
Homegrown Learners

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor


A Week In Review Link UP

Join Lisa and I each week and share your week in review.  We look forward to reading about your

Week in Review
Field Trips
School Work&nbsp
Homeschool projects
And anything homeschool related.

Here is a button for your post.
My Week in Review Link UP



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥