- MP3 Official Sound Track
- Beric The Briton inspirational poster with a quote from Julius.
- Beric The Briton Audio Drama
- 389 page PDF copy of Beric The Briton written by G.A. Henty
- 48 page study guide.
Beric The Briton audio drama is based on the book Beric the Briton by G.A. Henty and is a part of the Heirloom Audio Series - The Extraordinary Adventures of G.A. Henty. George Alfred Henty (8 December 1832 – 16 November 1902) is affectionately known as the Boys Historian. He is renowned for his story telling/writing ability and people. The characters in his books illustrate a deep faith and upright strong character. He wrote 122 books for children. Heirloom Audio Productions have adapted his book Beric in Briton with an incredible cast line up and original musical score.
About the Story
Follow Beric and his best friend Bodouc as they lives through epic adventures from growing up under the Roman hand in Britain, taking his place as the leader of the clan, training the men to be well trained and orderly. Travel with him as he is captured by Rome and taken to be trained as a gladiator in the service of Nero! Here he is introduced to the one who will save his soul and where they are forced to confront their pagan upbringing and their feelings of anger and the desire of revenge.
- A complete listing of the cast and crew involved in the production of the audio theatre presentation of Beric The Briton.
- A brief historical overview of: G.A. Henty, Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus and Queen Boadicea
- Each track of the story has a corresponding page in the study guide. This can be used in a number of ways. Two options are: helping younger listeners be engaged and help the parents coach them in their understanding or it could be used as a comprehension exercise for older students.
- There are thee exercises on each section:
- The Listening Well - here you will find comprehension questions.
- Thinking Further - These are follow up questions to help you the listener to think deeper as well as some research questions. There are a number of exercises through out from geographical exercises, occasional online links, pictures illustrating the story and more.
- The Defining Words - here you will find important vocabulary to learn which in turn will open up your understanding of the story.
- Sprinkled throughout are interesting tidbits of historical information such as the history of breakfast, recipes to try and virtual tours of places referred to in the story.
- When appropriate there are listed resources for further reading or investigation. Whenever a link is provided the children are encouraged to seek parental permission before pursuing the link.
- Recommended books for further reading about Britain and Roman in the 1st Century.
- A historical background for the story
- Three full bible studies starting on page 40 with questions and biblical passages to look up.
- A discussion on the significance of the Colosseum.
- The guide finishes off with an introduction to other Heirloom Audio Production available: Under Drakes Flag, In Freedom's Cause, With Lee in Virginia and The Dragon and the Raven.
Connect on Social Media
- Beric The Briton FB Page
- The Extraordinary Adventures of G.A. Henty series FB page
- Heirloom Audio Productions social pages
Beric the Briton is a wonderful addition to your family listening library. It will inspire your sons and your daughters to do greater things, to follow in the footsteps of a great hero who loved the Lord.
We are looking forward to listening again and again over the months and years ahead!