Friday 21 October 2016

What does it mean to be a part of the Homeschool Review Crew ?

When I joined the Homeschool Review Crew back in 2013 I had no idea what was in store for me.  I joined on a whim after seeing a friend of mine had been reviewing for them and I'm a curriculum junkie!  I'm still using products in my homeschool from back then.  I love my year on the crew so much I applied to be on their team ever since. Today I am joining in with the team as we share what it means to be on the Homeschool Review Crew.

What being on the Crew means ...

My passion is supporting home school families to successfully home educate.  One of the biggest blessings of the Crew is getting to know about the wide range of new and updated curriculum on the market.  This in turn helps me help my new and veteran home school friends find what they are needing to home school successfully.  Having the product means I am able to show these families what I am talking about. 

At the beginning of the 2016 Crew year I was promoted to the leadership and now have some official responsibilities helping Debra Brinkman look after the 200+ bloggers who are a part of the Homeschool Review Crew.

The Crew Gave ME
Joining the Crew has opened so many opportunities for me as a blogger.
  • The Crew introduced me to a mentor who helped me through the process of my first three reviews.  They were the go to person if I needed anything.  
  • The leadership were approachable and super helpful and supportive.  
  • I had access to a special forum which contained all the information that I needed.  
  • The crew host fortnightly round up posts that I can submit links to which are shared on their blog. 
  • I have the opportunity to guest post on their blog (They have 5,000+ subscribers) with links back to my blog.
  • They have social media mentors who helped me learn to use my platforms better.
  • They have up to 75 different homeschool curriculum opportunities for me to choose to use.  I am not given things I can not use and my reviews are 100 % my own thoughts.  I am not required to write positive reviews only honest ones.
  • They host two annual blog hops which are a lot of fun.  Here are a couple of  hops I've participated in: 5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials5 Days of Curriculum Choices and 5 Days of Teaching Creatively.
  • The best part of the experience are all the new blogging friends I make each year. 
Some of my favourite resources this year have been:
Who the Crew are we looking for 
The Homeschool Review Crew is growing. They are currently looking for bloggers from all over the world to join their team.
  • You need to have a blog.
  • Currently home educating at least one child. Your child/ren can be anywhere from Pre-K to 12th Grade.
  • You need to be active on social media of your own choosing (Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram)
  • Love curriculum, homeschool products and books.
You can read more about the requirements to join the team here:  2017 Crew Applications Now Open.
How can you apply? 
After making sure you meet all of the requirements, if you believe you would to an asset to our Crew and wish to join us, please fill out their application. Click here to fill out the 2017 Schoolhouse Review Crew Application!

homeschool-review-crew-2017-applications

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥